New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

manatarms

Any unit can yeald decent sounds.Yea even the $200 gt-1.

This is true to an extent, but I thought the GT-1000 far outshone the GT-1 when I played them both. I thought the GT-1000 was by far, more dynamic and responsive. When everyone talks about the signature “Boss tone”, I felt the GT-100 and GT-1 had that. I didn’t get that feeling playing the GT-1000 with their advanced amps.

manatarms

The ones I tried were not thin at all, on the contrary, they were really good, punchy and had great "weight" behind the notes. I easily found some really fat lead tones that had this "thump" and energy in the low end when you play high notes

That was my experience too. Very dynamic with a bite and grit, or as you said “thump” that I liked. I don’t think it’s the be all and end all unit other, but in the 1 1/2 I played it (over two different visits to GC) I could easily find all the tones that I like to play with.

manatarms

I think the UI is fine, i liked the GT-100 UI too.
Effects seem fine, size and weight too. Could be good as an effects only unit....
.... (if there weren't the 1000$)
I’ve owned several Boss GTs and it was super easy for me to get around.

Bundleofid

Also (while I'm not overly bothered by the idea of it) it's worth noting that there will be multiple pedals with their own AD/DA.

And it'll be big...and heavy!

Been there, done that, and I do have a t-shirt :)

Totally agree, my last big board weighed as much as my amp. I’m done with that

Lord N

Consider that the switching/routing and parameter control alone can easily cost $1,000, and that doesn't include the audio cables (aka failure points) and additional boxes involved (MIDI splitter/merge/etc) and you're still not going to achieve the same level of flexibility, particularly for stereo routing.
Yeah, you gotta know about me that i practically find almost every gear expensive. ;)

Jim Roseberry

So I’m seeing you and others saying X-Modded model and a few other models are as good as some models on the Helix, Fractal AX8, etc. But Helix, and even more so Fractal, have a lot more models covering pretty much all flavors of amps, and effects. Do you think the GT-1000 can cover as much ground and match them across the board, or just in a few specific areas?

If you're looking for widest scope of amp models, or looking to really nail a specific amp, the GT-1000 isn't the right unit. Fractal and Helix have far more choices...
The GT-1000 has a small handful of versatile models (each having three gain settings high/med/low and a Solo switch with adjustable gain).

When it comes to EFX, the GT-1000 (as you might expect) is pretty well spec'd.
I can't imagine needing more.
There's 5 separate delay blocks, dedicated chorus, dedicated reverb, three general purpose EFX blocks, wah, etc. All can be run simultaneously.

The GT-1000 isn't the end-all-be-all of Modelers.
That said, it's really hitting the spot for me (especially for live use).
The Amp/Cab options are spartan... but work really well.
The Acoustic Sim (which is important for me) sounds very good... even with a bridge humbucker.
Simple little things like each Amp block having a Solo boost... are convenient... and work well.
The signal routing is a whole lot more flexible than I originally thought. You can basically put any of the blocks anywhere.

Comparing a real Friedman BE-100/OX setup (side-by-side) to the XL+, Helix, HeadRush, and now GT-1000... has gotten me off "trying to nail a specific amp tone".
The BE-100 models on the XL+ and Helix can get pretty close... but they don't sound/respond exactly like the amp.
The logistics of large/heavy tube-amp/cab just aren't simpatico with my life/circumstances. There's no way I'm dragging a BE-100 rig to gigs. Even just in the studio, it takes a lot of space.
IMO, Better to use these amazing guitar processors for what they are... rather than focusing on what they're not.

DigiPOV

IMO, Better to use these amazing guitar processors for what they are... rather than focusing on what they're not.
Jim,
If you have some free time, can you test the audio interface and reamping?

With my GT100, when I have it connected to a tube amp via 4cm, I can't also have the USB connected because it creates a ground loop (digital static background noise). I was wondering if the GT1000 can "touch" a tube amp and also be connected over usb? It works fine when its not 4cm with an amp.

Only way to solve this is to run Tone Studio software/DAW from notebook on battery. Hopefully boss made an improvement here. I know there are USB ground "lift" devices, but the one I tried wasn't compatible with the USB speed of the GT.

mchad

If you're looking for widest scope of amp models, or looking to really nail a specific amp, the GT-1000 isn't the right unit. Fractal and Helix have far more choices...
The GT-1000 has a small handful of versatile models (each having three gain settings high/med/low and a Solo switch with adjustable gain).

When it comes to EFX, the GT-1000 (as you might expect) is pretty well spec'd.
I can't imagine needing more.
There's 5 separate delay blocks, dedicated chorus, dedicated reverb, three general purpose EFX blocks, wah, etc. All can be run simultaneously.

The GT-1000 isn't the end-all-be-all of Modelers.
That said, it's really hitting the spot for me (especially for live use).
The Amp/Cab options are spartan... but work really well.
The Acoustic Sim (which is important for me) sounds very good... even with a bridge humbucker.
Simple little things like each Amp block having a Solo boost... are convenient... and work well.
The signal routing is a whole lot more flexible than I originally thought. You can basically put any of the blocks anywhere.

Comparing a real Friedman BE-100/OX setup (side-by-side) to the XL+, Helix, HeadRush, and now GT-1000... has gotten me off "trying to nail a specific amp tone".
The BE-100 models on the XL+ and Helix can get pretty close... but they don't sound/respond exactly like the amp.
The logistics of large/heavy tube-amp/cab just aren't simpatico with my life/circumstances. There's no way I'm dragging a BE-100 rig to gigs. Even just in the studio, it takes a lot of space.

Thanks Jim. Enjoyed your straight ahead and impartial summary. I agree that there need not be a quest to nail specific amp tones. Modeller manufacturers, just give us the building blocks and we'll construct something we like that inspires us to play and write.

Nhoj

If you look closely GT1000 is based on GT1 without the Synths in terms of amps and fx.

Except the new features , added amp models fx and added OUTPUT Select.

Obviously they updated the quality of models.

Elantric

Have you tried the 1000, Elantric? Did it pass the infamous test?
There are no Guitar Centers closer than 200 miles
GC , MF, Music123, Brasswind&Woodwind is only source for GT-1000 until May 2018

( Sweetwater got a few but they were presold and no more until May 2018

But i expect to take delivery of mine in late May, 2018 from Alto Music

Im attracted to the ultrafast patch changes on GT-1000 , which I experienced 1st hand at 2018 Winter NAMM

gumtown

GT-1000 finally added XLR outputs , which Boss GT users have been asking for decades

Bass versions have always had XLR's

boss-gt-6b-1490415.jpg

SKU171771-3.jpg

Top Bottom