New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Takk, Jan 24, 2018.

1. bdrepko

bdrepko Member

Ya think? :rolleyes:

2. xela1

xela1 Member

Maybe what he means is like this idea: seeing something good or positive in all things? Like I can look at most if not all women and see something positive about them where others just see them as fat or ugly. I notice maybe a nice feature on them like a nose shape or eye color or hair or voice .Where others just look at the overall picture some can pick out details others wouldn't think about. Maybe that's what he means with getting good tones out of most any modeler?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    vmann likes this.
  3. DigiPOV

DigiPOV Member

Regardless of whether the Fractal III is better than the GT-1000, I believe the user base is more professional (if not cult-like) and probably a good option for those who want to avoid this riff raff. Houses in nice neighborhoods cost 3x as much because the neighbors are better.

This thread has really devolved. GT1000 is out there now, try it and either pass or buy. Go make some music.

Now that the excitement of waiting is over, and that most of the pro players have positive things to say, the X vs Y vs Price vs Features debate is pretty much done. Any of them can work well. I would be happy with any of them. That wasn't true five years ago.

When the Helix came out, my objection was its $1500 price tag; that was somewhat mitigated by the LT at $1000. Now the options are GT1000 and Helix LT at a "reasonable" price. (The $500 ship has sailed). It sucks that the LT doesn't have parallel paths. It sucks that the GT's screen isn't color. Oh well. Thats about all there is to say atm.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    yanakosk and Elantric like this.
  4. xela1

xela1 Member

What pro plyers?

BuleriaChk likes this.
  5. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

I've got a pro crescent wrench that really delivers. In wrenching situations, at least.

6. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk Silver Supporting Member

But if all you have is a hammer, then everything looks like a nail.... :)

JiveTurkey likes this.
  7. JiveTurkey

...does a butter knife masquerading as a screwdriver count?

BuleriaChk likes this.
  8. Lord N

Lord N Member

I sound like myself no matter which wrench i use!

BuleriaChk, Bundleofid and JiveTurkey like this.
  9. clintmartin

clintmartin Member

I'm having a hard time seeing how the GT-1000 has any appeal to anyone other than longtime Boss users. The IR limitation seems like a huge mistake to me.
    A GT-1000 into the return of a Blues Cube Artist (which I own) or Katana Artist may be an excellent rig however.
    I'm just not seeing the marketing angle that Boss hopes to exploit.

Lord N likes this.
  10. JiveTurkey

I'm trying really hard not to type "I sound like a tool no matter which wrench I use!"

bdrepko, BuleriaChk and Lord N like this.
  11. Lord N

Lord N Member

I certainly do. :rotflmao

JiveTurkey likes this.
  12. xela1

xela1 Member

Well first and foremost a company will have its fan base buy a product regardless of the general appeal. So that is one part of the market and likely the biggest part. I played it in person and wasnt wowed by it but i am a nobody and a fan of no company specifically. I said before its a $5-600 unit and boss knows it but line6 changed the whole pricing format with the helix and the LT. So of course many companies will follow suite and think they can charge the higher end prices for their gear and follow the trend.
    Zoom will likely not stray there because they know they have the lower to mid price market sewn up and will keep releasing these price products.It will cause companies like zoom to think outside the box harder then the higherend companies and give the user alot more value for the $.
    Line 6 has set it self apart more now.Sure they have firehawk and spider v but those are not what line6 is really about anymore.The helix standard is what everyone wants now from line6 but they will have to pay for it.

13. DigiPOV

DigiPOV Member

14. Nhoj

Nhoj Member

I dont know something oversampled or too much compressed about this recording, i dont like it honestly, his GT1 demo sounds good though.

15. xela1

xela1 Member

I see what you mean-His gt-1 vid was very good.

16. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk Silver Supporting Member

IMO, The GT-1 is absolutely awesome at its price point. So is the Helix.
    (There! And to think I'm the first one that said it!)

(I agree that the GT-1000 should be around $500-$600 in today's market, but Boss should be given some slack for the GT-1... :)

17. DigiPOV

DigiPOV Member

No need to **** up this thread. It sounds better than the Helix (that ok to say in the boss thread), and has a better specification on converters, audio path, and feature set (minus color screen). Claiming it should be $600 when the Helix LT is $1000 is plain trolling. Move along.

18. Blix

Blix Supporting Member

Hm? It sure can do parallel.

Adsy, JiveTurkey and Elantric like this.
  19. manatarms

manatarms Member

Shows how opinions vary. I didn't think it sounded over compressed. I thought the GT-1 sounded compressed. I liked the video. Having playing both the GT-1 and GT-1000, I felt the GT-1 sounded more like what people describe as having that "Boss tone". I thought the GT-1000 sounded a lot better (at least with the AIRD amps, which is what I stuck too.)

Elantric likes this.
  20. xela1

xela1 Member

i vote with my wallet. I have a gt-1 but wont be getting a gt1000 or a helix lt just yet.

21. xela1

xela1 Member

and i cant stand the beatles while others think they are amazing.My point is there is enough varity in model units to please the majority of people.

manatarms likes this.