New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member

Elantric

That is amazing. Most people in the world are still waiting for this device to become available and you already scored it second hand.

Its actually very common to find brand new gear sold "used" within weeks of release here in USA. Often its a product demonstration unit , Sweetwater demo unit only used for a video, or ( more likely) from someone who has an industry contact and gets new gear at discount , and then flips it for a small profit.

Explains why I check Ebay and Reverb a few times each day.

most never see these deals - because I already grabbed mine a few hours before you searched! ;)

this is how I acquire most of my gear.

Last edited:

North

I would agree with those who says the GT-1000 covers the 80´s type tone very well, but I would add that it can also do a really good SRV-/Hendrix-type tone too. It´s got that woody, "hollow", raspy mid-gain tone too. Works great for both chords with good string definition and single notes. IMHO.

BenoA

I would agree with those who says the GT-1000 covers the 80´s type tone very well, but I would add that it can also do a really good SRV-/Hendrix-type tone too. It´s got that woody, "hollow", raspy mid-gain tone too. Works great for both chords with good string definition and single notes. IMHO.

Being constructive here but am I the only one that can "hear" that Boss typical sound in all the video posted? Nothing wrong about it it's just as said @North above. May be I've been playing my Boss GT-8 for too long and switched to a Katana over a year ago...

DigiPOV

Its actually very common to find brand new gear sold "used" within weeks of release here in USA. Often its a product demonstration unit , Sweetwater demo unit only used for a video, or ( more likely) from someone who has an industry contact and gets new gear at discount , and then flips it for a small profit.

Explains why I check Ebay and Reverb a few times each day.

most never see these deals - because I already grabbed mine a few hours before you searched! ;)

this is how I acquire most of my gear.

Buying used... without warranty...

Isn't standard GC discount 20%? So $800 new with warranty.. Would have to be $600 or less used to be a good deal.

manatarms

Buying used... without warranty...

Isn't standard GC discount 20%? So $800 new with warranty.. Would have to be $600 or less used to be a good deal.
How do you get a 20% discount at GC? I never see a discount for new stuff.

Last edited:

Elantric

Can someone please post a shot of the "Switch Overview" screen on the GT-1000? Thank you!

GT-1000 Owners Manual Version 02
https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/GT-1000_eng02_W.pdf

See page 4 of the GT-1000 OM which explains the GT-1000 "Play Screens" - use the < Page > controls to toggle the current LCD Display

GT1_K_SCRN1.png

GT1_K_SCRN2.png

GT1_K_SCRN3.png

AFAIK - the "Switch Overview" screen is same as:
"Show functions assigned to main unit and external switches" above

Mute the audio in video above, and watch as all GT-1000 LCD screens are revealed.

GT-1000 - FAQ

Last edited:

Elantric

Yes. All 3 :) Prymaxe is cheaper but your 14 days starts when you place the order.

At this time only the Guitar Center affiliated stores have inventory of GT-1000 in stock
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Center
Guitar Center oversees various subsidiaries including Musiciansfriend.com GuitarCenter.com, Woodwind and Brasswind, Music123.com

- nobody else will get them until Late May 2018.

I could get a better deal in June, 2018 - but I have gigs soon, and the GT-1000 seems to fit my needs better than competition.

*Smaller stage footprint vs competing MFX.
* Can be powered by a high current 9VDC battery pack
* Instant patch changes
* LCD can be seen in daylight ( can read the tuner at outdoor gigs)
* 32 bit dynamic range, and separate EQ for 1/4" Main Output, separate EQ for XLR Sub Output to PA
* Works as ASIO (Win) / Core Audio (OSX) low latency audio interface with re-amping capability.

https://www.boss.info/us/products/gt-1000/

Last edited:

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member

Trending Topics

Top Bottom