New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

Henky

I'm impressed with the gapless preset switching, it's a major asset and a big selling point, with this Boss really sets a new standard. Looks like a small improvement but this alone could be a reason to buy the GT-1000 and justify price.

Last edited:

DigiPOV

I was able to talk them into a 15% discount on the Helix a few weeks after they were available.

This. I think 15% is their "any day of the week" discount and 20% is the holiday discount (but there is always a holiday close and they will often give you 20% even if you miss the holiday.)

They aren't going to do it on backordered items, but as soon as its in stock, I would expect nothing less than 15%. They do this because they know you will go somewhere else.

MF has been known to make deals. Its nothing to them, you call, you ask, you tell them you can get 20% at ___, you wait a minute (while they check their current promotions), they tell you they can only do 20% today, you place your order, you get it a few days later...

If the add says "good only for these brands".. usually they extend it to any brand. There is an "April20" sale on MF right now. I bet you can get that on a GT1000 preorder if you talk to someone and are nice.

IDK, maybe its because I have a good purchase history with them... Probably won't do it for you if you are always returning stuff.. but its never an issue for me.

Let it be known, the GT1000 is an $800 MFX.

Jim Roseberry

Being constructive here but am I the only one that can "hear" that Boss typical sound in all the video posted? Nothing wrong about it it's just as said @North above. May be I've been playing my Boss GT-8 for too long and switched to a Katana over a year ago...

Typical "Boss sound" as in the Amps/Cabs in the GT-100?
Absolutely no way...
I'm one of the few that currently has one in hand... and if that were the case, there's not a chance I would have kept it.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
This. I think 15% is their "any day of the week" discount and 20% is the holiday discount (but there is always a holiday close and they will often give you 20% even if you miss the holiday.)

They aren't going to do it on backordered items, but as soon as its in stock, I would expect nothing less than 15%. They do this because they know you will go somewhere else.

MF has been known to make deals. Its nothing to them, you call, you ask, you tell them you can get 20% at ___, you wait a minute (while they check their current promotions), they tell you they can only do 20% today, you place your order, you get it a few days later...

If the add says "good only for these brands".. usually they extend it to any brand. There is an "April20" sale on MF right now. I bet you can get that on a GT1000 preorder if you talk to someone and are nice.

IDK, maybe its because I have a good purchase history with them... but its never an issue.
They didn't fall for the April20 trick. Probably because I'm not nice :D

DigiPOV

I'm impressed with the gapless preset switching, it's a major asset and a big selling point, with this Boss really sets a new standard. Looks like a small improvement but this alone could be a reason to buy the GT-1000 and justify price.

Wow, sounds great an no gap..

DigiPOV

It's hard to get GC to do 20% (nowadays)... even for folks who purchase a lot of gear from them.
10-15% is common.

They have an "april20" right now. IME, there is almost always a 20% promo within a few weeks. Does it matter enough to wait a few weeks for an extra 5%? Probably not for most people. But I bet if anyone ask right way they can get the 20% on a GT preorder.

BenoA

Typical "Boss sound" as in the Amps/Cabs in the GT-100?
Absolutely no way...
I'm one of the few that currently has one in hand... and if that were the case, there's not a chance I would have kept it.

Cool to hear as I could definitely guess which one of the 3 modelers was the GT-1000 without looking at my screen. I'll make up my mind once I can play one.

ShaunzNoiz

I would agree with those who says the GT-1000 covers the 80´s type tone very well, but I would add that it can also do a really good SRV-/Hendrix-type tone too. It´s got that woody, "hollow", raspy mid-gain tone too. Works great for both chords with good string definition and single notes. IMHO.

This! I've been playing this thing all day with the neck pickup on various strats and it's just so good and chewey. Very woody sounding. The one thing that I could never get out of the Helix.

Top Bottom