New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

mkr1

Silver Supporting Member
This! I've been playing this thing all day with the neck pickup on various strats and it's just so good and chewey. Very woody sounding. The one thing that I could never get out of the Helix.
That unboxing demo above your post reinforces that - some great stuff there on the straight ahead sounds. What amp/preamp/dist are you using that give you the chewiest woodiest tones? And how close did you get with the Helix (ie on what amp/cab)? thx

soundbee

Double Platinum Member
I'm noticing something a bit odd... at the moment I only have the sub-outs (xlr) connected to my board = but going into the main outs and changing the Output Select to some of the amp flavors will change the volume on the sub-outs. Doesn't seem to change the tone, just the volume. Note this doesn't happen if the main outs are infront of the preamps. It's just odd that changing the main out settings affects the XLR volumes.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to have the volume knob work for the sub-outs (XLR)? and/or what's the logic of having it only for the main (and phones - I'm guessing).

Elantric

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to have the volume knob work for the sub-outs (XLR)? and/or what's the logic of having it only for the main (and phones - I'm guessing).

Its similar to the Roland VG-99 which also had the Volume knob not function for the Sub XLR outputs

The goal is you can adjust your stage volume ( main 1/4" outputs feeding a stage amp) and not change volume of signal feed to the FOH PA ( from the XLR outputs.)

GLDP

I'm noticing something a bit odd... at the moment I only have the sub-outs (xlr) connected to my board = but going into the main outs and changing the Output Select to some of the amp flavors will change the volume on the sub-outs. Doesn't seem to change the tone, just the volume. Note this doesn't happen if the main outs are infront of the preamps. It's just odd that changing the main out settings affects the XLR volumes.

That's very odd!! I would guess that the volume compensation is for the different output modes but why would it change the volume level of the Sub outs!!, you've got so many output mode selections so they might have volume compensated the levels for each output mode but I agree it should not affect the Sub XLR volume levels outs at all. Right now I am running my Sub outs L&R XLR Direct to FOH and the Main 1/4in. outs going into an onstage FRFR Line 6 Firehawk 1500. I have the Global EQ for the Main outs (1/4in) into the Firehawk to Hi Cut down to around 5% from default and I have the Sub XLR into FOH Global EQ Lo Cut up about 10% from default. The Master out mode is set to Recording!! I think I cover that in one of my videos. By default the output mode is set to something other than recording and you can't change the cab values. Hopefully once we get IR loading this will all change LOL

ShaunzNoiz

That unboxing demo above your post reinforces that - some great stuff there on the straight ahead sounds. What amp/preamp/dist are you using that give you the chewiest woodiest tones? And how close did you get with the Helix (ie on what amp/cab)? thx

I've just been playing and tweaking.preset 9-2, the Experience Blues preset. Just running it into the front end of a Mesa mark v and a Roland blues cube artist. No special routing. Giving me goosebumps!

ShaunzNoiz

I've just been playing and tweaking.preset 9-2, the Experience Blues preset. Just running it into the front end of a Mesa mark v and a Roland blues cube artist. No special routing. Giving me goosebumps!

Sorry. I need to speak on this a little bit more. I would rather play than tweak. The Helix could probably get that sound if you are a tweaker. But for me some of the things in the Helix doesn't feel organic under my fingers. Don't get me wrong, there a few patches in the GT that don't feel very fluid under my fingers, but I can quickly adjust things to give them life and fluidity. I think there are so many options on the Helix that I don't need in terms of making an amp feel and play good. If it's not there for me in five minutes I lean toward there's something wrong with the system and not me.

I have a friend that has every piece of computer software and rack mount gear. I have literally seen him sit at home for hours adjusting eq curves while he plays open harmonics trying to get the sound just right. That's not me.

Sascha Franck

I have literally seen him sit at home for hours adjusting eq curves while he plays open harmonics trying to get the sound just right. That's not me.

That's what loopers set to "pre" are for. Have the looper play for you and use both hands to edit your sound without fearing those great open string harmonics will ever ring out.
In all seriousness: If there's anything that has taken my patience while tweaking patches to a completely new level it's got to be a looper placed in front of everything. Plus, you hear things with some actual playing happening. The only better thing is re-amping.

Crow man

I've just been playing and tweaking.preset 9-2, the Experience Blues preset. Just running it into the front end of a Mesa mark v and a Roland blues cube artist. No special routing. Giving me
A good amount of these pre sets are really good, I wonder if you could build build a patch or whatever from one, using 1-5 as the effects .

gluve95

How do you get a 20% discount at GC? I never see a discount for new stuff.
Just ask. They may be a little resistant at first. I just told them that if they didn't honor one of the 20% discounts I was just going to wait until Sweetwater Music got them in. Which is true because I would rather buy from Sweetwater anyway.

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
Just got my tracking number. Let's hope it's not sitting at Label Created for 3 weeks :mad:

MF has the GT-1000 in-stock
You'll have it soon...;)

Uggggh, I can wait, I can wait. Saving $200 is worth it, saving $200 is worth it. I’m busy with work and kiddo and vacation planning, saving $200 will be worth it, saving $200 will be worth it....

North

Being constructive here but am I the only one that can "hear" that Boss typical sound in all the video posted? Nothing wrong about it it's just as said @North above. May be I've been playing my Boss GT-8 for too long and switched to a Katana over a year ago...

I agree. And you can certainly get vintage BOSS sounds in it if you using the "right" models and cabs. But with the good ones, there is nothing vintage about it. I have had all of GTs from the GT-3 btw. FWIW.

BenoA

This! I've been playing this thing all day with the neck pickup on various strats and it's just so good and chewey. Very woody sounding. The one thing that I could never get out of the Helix.

Interesting... Must resist the GAS.

MJ Slaughter

Silver Supporting Member
Musicians Friend. Cancelled Prymaxe because my 14 day period would expire before I even got it.

News Flash...Musician's Friend regrets to inform customers that all shipments of music equipment, in particular the new Boss GT-1000, have been lost in a horrific truck fire. Officials assure customers that they will receive their orders though a little late. Expect an early September delivery. Unfortunately the 45 day return window will have past so there will be no returns for a refund.
55dFcYK.jpg

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
News Flash...Musician's Friend regrets to inform customers that all shipments of music equipment, in particular the new Boss GT-1000, have been lost in a horrific truck fire. Officials assure customers that they will receive their orders though a little late. Expect an early September delivery. Unfortunately the 45 day return window will have past so there will be no returns for a refund.
55dFcYK.jpg
:spit:spit:spit

MY DAD DRIVES FOR FEDEX! :mad::mad::mad:

...not really

bdrepko

Silver Supporting Member
55dFcYK.jpg
Not funny!!!! OK, it is a little funny.

voxroxy

Uggggh, I can wait, I can wait. Saving $200 is worth it, saving $200 is worth it. I’m busy with work and kiddo and vacation planning, saving $200 will be worth it, saving $200 will be worth it....
Its not like it will be discontinued OR you dont have other gear you have been using right? It will always be available.

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
Its not like it will be discontinued OR you dont have other gear you have been using right? It will always be available.
Of course! I’m just whining. I pre-ordered on 2/28 so I set myself up for this lol

Top Bottom