New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
As the owner of two Katana 100’s - is there any sort of “bonus” integration with the gt-1000?
I don't know about bonus but perhaps just the specific optimized output settings available for the Kat would be nice.

GLDP

How is the pickup "modeling"? The HB -> SC, etc emulations? This is an area that I always thought could be improved.

How good is the feedbacker?

How good is the polyphonic pitch shifter?

How is the pickup "modeling"? The HB -> SC, etc emulations? That effect was called Guitar Sim. but it's not listed in the FX list for the GT-1000. :-(

How good is the feedbacker? It works OK I guess but I'm getting tremendous natural harmonic feedback from my Firehawk 1500 at moderate levels so I don't need the Feddbacker effect.

How good is the polyphonic pitch shifter? It's descent but the Digitech Drop works much better so that's what I use.

Spooky73

I don't know about bonus but perhaps just the specific optimized output settings available for the Kat would be nice.
is there such a thing? Bonus might not be the right word. Just some added integration features over a different modeler...?

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
is there such a thing? Bonus might not be the right word. Just some added integration features over a different modeler...?
There are a bunch of output settings for specific amplification types. Katana and other Boss amps specifically included.

Has anyone ran it through a power amp and guitar cab instead of FRFR? I am assuming I will set the 1/4 out to Recording, then choose Speaker Type:OFF.

DS007

Sorry. I need to speak on this a little bit more. I would rather play than tweak. The Helix could probably get that sound if you are a tweaker. But for me some of the things in the Helix doesn't feel organic under my fingers. Don't get me wrong, there a few patches in the GT that don't feel very fluid under my fingers, but I can quickly adjust things to give them life and fluidity. I think there are so many options on the Helix that I don't need in terms of making an amp feel and play good. If it's not there for me in five minutes I lean toward there's something wrong with the system and not me.

I have a friend that has every piece of computer software and rack mount gear. I have literally seen him sit at home for hours adjusting eq curves while he plays open harmonics trying to get the sound just right. That's not me.

That's definitely not me either, but I've found none of the need to sit and tweak for more than a few moments with the Helix.
POD HD...yes, quite a few tweaks. In the Helix though with latest firmware, I find the Placater, Archetype Lead and Litigator (among others) to be super quick to dial in and excellent - I think different guitars and different styles/tone goals might have something to do with why some modelers work for some and not as well with others.
It never gets talked about much.....people just say - Modeler X is way better than Modeler Y.
When actually these things should be considered more like instruments unto themselves. They each have sonic traits that will be awesome for Player X but not so much for Player Y. Not to say, some people won't like them all or hate them all, but like guitars or amps, modelers seem to be very much personal/subjective pieces of gear.

voxroxy

As the owner of two Katana 100’s - is there any sort of “bonus” integration with the gt-1000?
Wow! You are all in on the katanas? Do you run both in stereo? I guess you could run the gt1000 out into each amp L AND R? Or use the gt for effects in the loop of 1 amp or both.?

gluve95

Not really answering your question, but the advantage to using 32Bit Float processing is virtually unlimited (internal) dynamic-rage.
Just need to be sure you're not clipping the A/D and D/A
I m not feeling the dynamic range as much. How do you make sure you're not clipping. I not sure how to tell from the screen meters

gluve95

I m not feeling the dynamic range as much. How do you make sure you're not clipping. I not sure how to tell from the screen meters
The global out put setting can be set to Kantana. I'm sure when you have it set that way it EQ'ed to optimize the Kantanas voicing.

gluve95

There are a bunch of output settings for specific amplification types. Katana and other Boss amps specifically included.

Has anyone ran it through a power amp and guitar cab instead of FRFR? I am assuming I will set the 1/4 out to Recording, then choose Speaker Type:OFF.
I have not with this but have with other GT units. Works well Maybe at it's best that way. Set it the same as going through the return of a combo amp. It basically the same thing. because your bypassing the pre amp and go straight to the power amp. And definitely turn off speaker sims.

ShaunzNoiz

That's definitely not me either, but I've found none of the need to sit and tweak for more than a few moments with the Helix.
POD HD...yes, quite a few tweaks. In the Helix though with latest firmware, I find the Placater, Archetype Lead and Litigator (among others) to be super quick to dial in and excellent - I think different guitars and different styles/tone goals might have something to do with why some modelers work for some and not as well with others.
It never gets talked about much.....people just say - Modeler X is way better than Modeler Y.
When actually these things should be considered more like instruments unto themselves. They each have sonic traits that will be awesome for Player X but not so much for Player Y. Not to say, some people won't like them all or hate them all, but like guitars or amps, modelers seem to be very much personal/subjective pieces of gear.

Agreed

gluve95

So after some fiddling around with nobs for a while I got a good base clean tone. I had to change my thinking a bit from my Atomic Amplifier where on the 59 or Deluxe I had to bump up mids and cut the bass . On the GT Boutique amp I had to cut the mids back a bit and bump the bass. And set right the delay makes for better reverb then the reverb it self. If that make any sense. I haven't found a big reverb sound yet that doesn't sound fake or over done. But quite happy at the moment with my first clean preset. I wasn't sure I would get there for a bit. And I didn't finalize anything yet but should be able to get a nice little bit dirty patch out of the same amp by just making it the mid gain version and cutting back the bass a touch. And as can be heard from the videos on line I'll have zero trouble getting big lead tones. I think it's a keeper. At the moment anyway. :aok

Last edited:

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Silver Supporting Member
News Flash...Musician's Friend regrets to inform customers that all shipments of music equipment, in particular the new Boss GT-1000, have been lost in a horrific truck fire. Officials assure customers that they will receive their orders though a little late. Expect an early September delivery. Unfortunately the 45 day return window will have past so there will be no returns for a refund.
55dFcYK.jpg
Despite your best efforts, the GT is, in fact; OFD. The sad news is that I will have no time to unbox and play the d@mn thing till Sunday evening :bkw:brick:FM:tapedshut:red:mob:bitch:beer:D

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
OK let me re-phrase my question from a day or two ago.... When you press the bank up/down pedals on the GT-1000, does it come up with a list of the patches available by name, or does it just show patch numbers? I'm trying to figure out how to get a performance view by patch names. For example, switch 1 = CLEAN COMP / 2 = CLEAN DELAY / 3 = CRUNCH, etc.... not 1 = PRESET1 / 2 = PRESET2 / 3=PRESET3, etc... Thanks!

Jim Roseberry

OK let me re-phrase my question from a day or two ago.... When you press the bank up/down pedals on the GT-1000, does it come up with a list of the patches available by name, or does it just show patch numbers? I'm trying to figure out how to get a performance view by patch names. For example, switch 1 = CLEAN COMP / 2 = CLEAN DELAY / 3 = CRUNCH, etc.... not 1 = PRESET1 / 2 = PRESET2 / 3=PRESET3, etc... Thanks!

I don't see anything like that on the GT-1000.

When you press the Bank up/down switches, the bottom five switches flash (prompting for selecting patch 1-5 of that particular bank).
If you assign switches 1-5 to turn blocks on/off, you can use this method to switch patches

JCW308

Silver Supporting Member
I don't see anything like that on the GT-1000.

When you press the Bank up/down switches, the bottom five switches flash (prompting for selecting patch 1-5 of that particular bank).
If you assign switches 1-5 to turn blocks on/off, you can use this method to switch patches

OK thanks for the info. This is a shame, something so simple is missing.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom