New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Takk, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Jim Roseberry

Jim Roseberry Supporting Member

Here's a patch I programmed using the Boutique model (wanted to upload this earlier but left for vacation).

www.studiocat.com/temp/Jims_Boutique.zip

****You'll need Boss Tone Studio and the IR loading programs****
    I've included the MESA 4x12 Cab IR that I used.
    Make sure to load the "SM57 2_ctr" IR into the GT-1000
    Set the Master Output block's cab to "SM57 2_ctr".

Try the Amp Block's built-in Solo boost (I've got Switch-3 assigned to Solo boost on/off).
    DS1 is set as a clean-boost (a little fuller sounding than the amp block's built-in solo boost).
    CTL1 switches between the Boutique Amp (path 1) and an Acoustic Sim (path 2). The Acoustic Sim will need to be tweaked for the specific guitar/pickups.
    CTL2 is assigned to the Master Delay.
    The FX1 block is set to a Phasor.

Darkness, Elantric and JiveTurkey like this.
  2. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Supporting Member

Downloaded this so I could give your IR a go. Thank you sir!

Jim Roseberry likes this.
  3. Goldilox

Goldilox Member

4. jonnyrock

jonnyrock Member

Im trying to figure out how to listen to music using the gt1000 as an audio interface without the audio passing through the fx chain of the Gt1000. Ive tried all the USB setting options through Boss Tone Studio without any luck. I cannot get the Dry Out signal to work on its own, only the dry to efx. Im using a mac book pro. What am I missing. Cheers Jonny

bluesdoc likes this.
  5. gluve95

gluve95 Member

I just bought the new Glen Delaune patch set. They are very good. I had a GT 100 at one time and bought all his patches back then. I liked them but was never in love with them. Just like I never was in love GT100 it self. It was good but always felt like something was missing. But these sound great. I think this says something for how much better a unit the GT1000 is then then GT 100 . Ignore those who have just listened to YouTube videos or at the most have just played with it for 30 minutes at Guitar Center. The GT 1000 is killer and has a ton of potential. Thank Glenn Delaune for the great work.

Jim Roseberry likes this.
  6. gluve95

gluve95 Member

These are very good. If your thinking about buying these just do it.

7. Goldilox

Goldilox Member

I was going to sell my Boss GT1000. Maybe, for the price of a few drinks, I should try these. Could be the difference beteeen selling and keeping.

8. Jim Roseberry

Jim Roseberry Supporting Member

FWIW, I'd spend some time with the GT-1000.
    Once you're up-to-speed, you can coax some good sounds out of it.
    If you haven't already done so, checkout the Boutique preset I posted above.

Glenn has programmed/demonstrated great sounds from all the top-tier modelers (including the GT-1000).
    Perfect choice to demonstrate at Summer NAMM

Once you're fully up-to-speed with any of the top-tier modelers, it's much easier to achieve good results from all of them.
    If you ultimately decide to sell the GT-1000, you'll be able to use the acquired knowledge/experience with the Axe-FX III, Helix, HeadRush, etc.

9. gibvel

gibvel Member

Glenn is such a great guy, musician and wiz at the musical tech!! I'll grab them eventually. :)

10. Goldilox

Goldilox Member

I’m not new to modellers. Although not strictly a modeller, I was a happy Kemperite for a few years. Like a total tw4t I sold it. I’ve had a good play with the Boss, but haven’t exactly been blown away. Just thinking that these pro-presets might be the difference :)

11. gluve95

gluve95 Member

Glenn has definitely got this thing down. My own preset sound good on one pickup position but in the other sound terrible. A lot of his sound good in all three positions on my Fender 72 Thineline Reissue Telecaster. I'm not a big modulation fan. So the only changes I probably make are to set the CTL's to turn of and on the drives and delays instead of modulation effects . I'm all about delays and reverb Although a few I like the modulation .

12. zygleth

zygleth Supporting Member

I'm new to the modeling world and am strongly thinking of getting the 1000 as I can get a new one for a very good price. If it satisfies I'll sell some pedals that I use sparingly but hold value. I'm a simple player and most of this I may never really touch but it just looks like too much fun to pass up.
    I've done a bit of research on the comparisons between this and Helix but the price pushes me towards the Boss. I'll stew on it for a couple days then decide. Thanks for all the input on this thread.

13. glenndelune

glenndelune Member

Boss is aware of the issue and are working on a fix. What you could do, I don't know if this is an option for you but you could, using the 2 FX Returns, pass stereo audio through the FX loops. Put the FX loop at the very end of the chain and enable the Stereo Link on the FX loops. I tried it with my iPod and it works very very well.

Thank you guys so so much for the kind words and continued support. You guys are THE BEST!! Jim, The cool thing about doing the NAMM gig was I got to play all of my original music. I brought my own original backing tracks and basically played my last album about 3 times a day. Boss had a really nice large booth with a stage and a descent PA set up. It was loads of fun and I got to meet Larry Carlton and others at a party the first night and Phil Keaggy actually listened to me play 2 of my songs and then asked me to play my guitar through my rig I had set up which was 2 BluseCube artists series 1x12's running in stereo. I liked the sound so much that I ordered 2 of them the very next day after I got back to Louisiana. I've gotta give a shout out to all of the Boss Global Crew!! Everyone, including the President of Boss were so nice and just a joy to be around. I felt so relaxed even though I had never done this sort of thing before.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  14. gluve95

gluve95 Member

Glenn I bought your new album on Google Play Music. I like it a lot. Think I'll have to try some of your others.

MixMinisterMike and glenndelune like this.
  15. sixeight

sixeight Member

Phil Keaggy is such an amazing guitar player. But always humble and full of grace. Great picture.

So, did you have the GT1000 go into the blues cubes?

hippietim and gibvel like this.
  16. sixeight

sixeight Member

I guess I have found the answer. Nice setup.

hippietim likes this.
  17. Sweeping13

Sweeping13 Member

Hello i want to replace my old tonelab se.

are gt1000 or amplifire or helix lt a such better than tonelab?

18. bluesdoc

bluesdoc Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

2nd band practice last night with the GT1000. I spent all night on the Boutique amp patch I made, occasionally goosed with a comp and/or X-OD. It just killed all night, clean to scream riding the guitars volume control. 4 thumbs up!!!!

jon

Kriig, gluve95, gibvel and 1 other person like this.
  19. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Supporting Member

Pardon the ignorance; but is this Phil? I thought for a second it was Tony McKenzie and you were getting ready to take the GT1000 apart :roll

4b454e likes this.
  20. Brandon7s

Brandon7s Silver Supporting Member

Looks like Phil Keaggy to me. I havent' listened to his music in years, but man.. he is a phenomenal guitarist. Easily the best in the world of CCM.