New BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by Takk, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Ed_Saxman

Ed_Saxman Member

Por si no te has dado cuenta, este es un foro en idioma inglés. Creo que das una pésima imagen insistiendo en escribir en español, sin hacer ni siquiera el mínimo esfuerzo de usar un traductor, si es que no sabes escribir en inglés.

Translation:
    In case you have not noticed, this is a forum in English. I think you are exhibiting a very bad attitude by insisting on writing in Spanish, without even making the slightest effort to use a translator, in case you do not know how to write in English.

Sorry guys, I cannot stand this kind of laziness of some people. In Spain, most young people can speak and write in English, but older generations often act as if everyone had to know Spanish (a direct consequence of 40 years of Franco's dictatorship)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. BuleriaChk

BuleriaChk Silver Supporting Member

Kind of like the attitude that everyone in the US has to speak English.....
    (Actually, only those in England have to speak English. Those in the US have to speak Sioux..... :)

(Well, ok, those in Alaska have to speak Inuit.....)

JaviDeclive and JiveTurkey like this.
  3. JaviDeclive

JaviDeclive Member

Hello!

I think the problem is that I have the automatic translation configured.

As for you, I will not get into fights. But instead of helping, you come with somewhat strange accusations.

I'm going to show more education than you, not going into the rag ....

A greeting.

4. BuleriaChk

Ole! Vamo' ya! :)

(When I was in Spain, desperately trying to learn Flamenco as a young man in 1968, Diego del Gastor and the gypsies in Moron de la Frontera were super friendly and helpful to me in my attempts to figure out what the heck they were doing. I spoke no Spanish, and spent hours in the courtyard at La Soltea (where we had rented a bare room - this was where all the gypsies initially lived in Moron when they had no money) with a dictionary trying to discuss theoretical physics with my friends Gonzalo and Agustin (and politics with Diego del Gastor)… :)

Lots of stories.... :)

(I play Flamenco a LOT better than I speak Spanish, but that is still a very low bar... :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
    JaviDeclive likes this.
  5. MJ Slaughter

MJ Slaughter Member

I've been gigging my GT-1000 almost every weekend either direct using it's amp modeling, 4CM with my Mesa TC50 or direct with my acoustic duo using a Sigma acoustic guitar IR. In short it sounds and works very good for me. Over the years I've used the Boss GT-100, 200 and MS3 and to me there is no comparison to the GT-1000 in terms of amp sims, routing and overall flexibility.

I haven't tried the Helix, Headrush or any Fractal gear because I'm comfortable with Boss gear and once I have something that works for me I don't care to try out everything else. And I'm not much of a tweaker. Once my presets are setup I don't change anything other than to add additional presets so I'm one of those guys.

If you gig much the convenience of any good MFX board can make your life much easier.

6. griggsterr

griggsterr Supporting Member

I'm liking the heck out of mine
    Here I am playing it

7. griggsterr

That was the 2nd time I ever used it. I have tweeked it some more since at it just sounds killer.

Justin Hitchborn likes this.
  8. mdortona

mdortona Supporting Member

I know the exact FB group you’re talking about. I got tired of the moderator’s constant reiteration of the group rules every other day and all the non-GT stuff that was posted. Thought I was back in grade school! So I dropped out of the group AFTER giving the moderator some pointed feedback. This GT-1000 FB group is great (BOSS GT-1000). Nice, helpful people (many of whom also contribute and hang out here - Glenn, Jim, etc) and no BS from the moderators. Treated like an adult. Worth joining. My two cents.

Matt

Elantric and gumtown like this.
  9. griggsterr

I'm pretty happy with the results. I play in that band because they can all find a groove and play together. Not because I like country music.
    BTW there is not a tube to be found in my whole rig. That is a Quilter Aviator head and Avatar 112 cab I'm playing through.

Elantric likes this.
  10. griggsterr

The nearly 1 minute break was brought to you by a person standing there insisting we play a Kenny Wayne Shepard song I had never heard of.

11. griggsterr

Place was completely empty BTW.

12. gumtown

gumtown Member

A paid practice session then.

Elantric and JiveTurkey like this.
  13. griggsterr

Yes, except it was a 7 hour drive and we setup our large rig. It was a pretty big outdoor space. Probably hold 350 people or more. We played 3 nights and the next 2 were pretty good. But that first night we were just mailing it in.

14. JCW308

JCW308 Supporting Member

When in the view with the control pedals up top and 1-2-3-4-5 at the bottom, how do you get the light of the current 1-2-3-4-5 patch to light up? There is nothing showing what patch you are in except very small print up top. No light to designate current patch?

15. Axe-Man

Axe-Man Member

Ok demo’d the GT1000

I played a Helix Floor back to back with it.

Boss sounds killer for high gain. It has this airy chunkiness about it the Helix simply does not have even with IRs. I don’t like the non X amps but the new ones were great straight up. That is really promising.

It is VERY compressed though. The Helix is far easier to play though that isn’t anything to write home about.

With an OD the Boss isn’t very dynamic.

But...boosted those new X amps are really good and easily the best sounding of the non Fractal/Kemper realm.

FX seem great too.

I am tempted I must say.

Excellent unit. I would not get a Helix now this is out. Especially as it’s $100 cheaper than the LT.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018 at 5:26 AM
    Elantric likes this.
  16. BuleriaChk

I have the OD-1x pedal, and for my purposes it does sound better (although marginally in some cases - e.g. HxFx is really, really good) for overdrive than anything else I've tried so far.

I think the investment in Helix is justified because it is relatively future proof and Line 6 support is incredible, and sooner or later I expect a model of the OD-1x.

17. Ivve

Ivve Member

A question about copying settings between patches. If I have found a nice settings on an effect or an amp, how can I easily use that on another patch? I think of two ways, of which none seem to work:

1. Just copy a effect or amp setting to another patch. I can not figure out how to do it.
    2. Using the stompbox feature. I get the idea, and I think it is brilliant. But the problem is, how can I dis-connect it? The idea of the stompbox setting is that if I change the setting on one patch, I change the settings on all patches that use the same stompbox. But in my case, I just want to copy a setting as a starting point, and be free to adjust it, without changing the settings in other patches using the same stompox.

I think it should work, so I am sure there are obvious or not so obvious solutions that I have missed or is not clever enough to understand.

18. leperclown

leperclown Member

Hi all,
    Sold my GT-100 (6 year's service - most recently with an Amplifire 3 in 4CM) and bought a GT-1000 yesterday. I have used it for about two hours (running through the loops of a stereo tube amp (6L6's) into 2 x 2x12 open back cabs). I also downloaded Glenn DeLaune's patches (he does great work).

First impressions:
    • Looks very slick, feels solid and well made - I really like the mono screen
    • A bit more compact than the GT-100
    • The UI is more complicated than the GT-100. However, it follows the GT philosophy (I have also owned the GT6, GT8, GT10), so it doesn't present any major issues.
    • Input and output meters are very helpful
    • The tuner is fantastic - I can now leave my TCE Polytune off the board
    • The factory presets are a bit over the top (as is usual). Couldn't find 1 good 'plexi on the verge of meltdown' rhythm tone - think Malcolm Young with a solid boost. My experience with modellers is that this is the hardest tone to nail. (The best 'emulation' I have experienced so far was on the JVM410 green crunch channel dimed). Any suggestions would be most welcome!
    • The output mode selected (i.e. line/phones, recording, various amps etc.) has a huge impact on tone. Surprisingly, the best match for me was the Katana 2x12 loop. The tube amp 4x12 sounded a little muffled and the tube combo sounded a bit nasally.
    • The GDL presets are of the usual high quality although seem orientated towards lead tones
    • Have yet to hear a total knockout tone from the GT-1000, however, I understand that this is a process that takes hours (maybe days/months/years …..).
    Fortunately (or unfortunately), I have got a cold and sore throat, so I have to spend all of Sunday indoors with my new toy.

I will dig a little deeper (maybe try to replicate my GT-100 patches & explore the Choptones and Boss Tone Studio offerings) and provide an update on progress.

Cheers!
    Paul

19. Kriig

Kriig Member

If it makes you feel better, it took me 6 months to really get what i want out of my Cornford MK50....
    1 channel with eq + resonance and presence.

I’m curious about the GT-1000. Got RV-500 and thinking about going with the MD-500 or just get the GT..... All in one box.

Just for the fx, but have some amps available.. Jumped off the Axe-Fx 2 years ago after i bought the Cornford. Got the MK50, a Brunetti Mercury EL34 and a Bogner XTC 20th + two 4x12 and a 2x12... and stopped playing in a band o_O

leperclown likes this.
  20. gonzoknife

gonzoknife Member

I'm doing this from memory but it should be close. In the Tone Studio, go to the drop down menu that says "stompbox" when you're looking at the stompbox settings. It's at the upper right of the bottom window. From that drop down menu select "Copy to Patch" (or similar).

The procedure to do it on the GT-1000 itself is on page 4 of the Parameter Guide.