New Boutique Amps from Peavey

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mattpas, Jul 10, 2008.

1. mattpas

mattpas Silver Supporting Member

2. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

You can expect them sometime in 2012.

3. pir8matt

pir8matt Member

If they were smart about it, they'd create a sub-brand to do something like this. I think the Peavey name carries too much baggage associated with 'starter' gear, or 'terrible' gear to attract the kind of clientele that buys boutique-y stuff.

But, who knows?

4. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Hartley believes in what he does too much to do that. I think he'd rather see something fail and prove everyones "brand name" idiocy than to not have his name on it.

5. cube

cube Member

is it possible too say peavey and boutique in the same sentence?

6. mattpas

mattpas Silver Supporting Member

You just did

7. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

Exactly...I know Hartley and you're right on the money.

8. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

All that being said the guy makes a great product at a great price. My EXP HP is one of the best playing guitars I've ever picked up.

9. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

Only in America. Bitch, Piss,and Moan about something,then when it happens,Bitch Piss and Moan about it some more.:D
    Peavey was Boutique before such a word existed..Ya really need to study your History more.
    I remember back in the early 70's seeing Hartley walk in to a music store carrying a couple of amps..After he demod the amps and gave his talk,the store owner said" It is nice Man but I don't need another line, Hell I have Kustom." True Story.(To put this in to perspective ,In the late 90's I approached a Store I worked for about carrying Analogman,RMC,And Foxrox. Store owner said "who in their right mind would pay $100 for an OD,Wah,or compressor.Hell I have Arion and Digitech."
    1981,I was invited to the Factory and Given a tour by the man .It was an experience to sit in a sound room with Hartley playing prototype guitars he had.He wanted a working musicians opinion. The whole time I talked he was writing it down..The Factory??? State of the Art..Long live Hartley.The working class musicians friend.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2008
  10. pir8matt

pir8matt Member

If it fails, how would that prove anything about brand name idiocy, though? Wouldnt it have to succeed to do that?

11. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

tell him to remember that pride goeth before the fall.

12. derek2615

derek2615 Member

I love my "non-boutique" Classic 30. I've had it for years, never had the first issue with it...

13. Paul Conway

Paul Conway Member

You do all know that Tim Jauernig is behind these amps, don't you? That's why he's not building pedals now..

14. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

For a long time my band gigged with me on a Classic 30 and our rhythm guitarist on a valveking. Very nice sound especially at gig levels.

15. Trandy

Trandy Supporting Member

Believe me...Hartley has no "pride" issues....he's a very practical, hard-working, and obviously successful man. Have you ever met him?

You'd be impressed...I guarantee it.

16. therhodeo

therhodeo Member

Yeah I don't get from him that its a my products are better thing. Its "hey I'm actually charging you a fair price for an equal quality product but you still buy higher priced things because of the brand name".

17. Deville2Rocket

Deville2Rocket Member

Maybe he should call the line the "Hartley" series, in the Peavey font.

18. Elmer

Elmer hell is chrome

Very interesting, first time I've heard that. I like Peavey gear, owned a Classic 50, a Classic 30, and a Wolfgang and loved all of 'em. I hope Peavey is successful with this.

19. pacomc79

pacomc79 Member

Oh please come out with a 6V6 version of the 2x10 delta blues with a solid pine cabinet and lacquer the tweed. (you can even skip the OD channel) (and PCB is just fine thanks) Give us a tube guard, tube rectifier maybe offer it in a head version and give us a 4x10 cab in both open and closed back models. If we want to really get crazy give us two EQ options instead of overdrive or more gain and put in a really nice tube driven tremolo and reverb. Dosen't have to be a master volume amp either.

If the amp is under a grand (700, 800 bucks maybe at the POS) that be heaven.

20. TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies Member

I should clarify that I'm referring only to his decision to market these under a brand name as others have mentioned has "entry level" written all over it. Same with Crate.

To the other poster.. I like the "Hartley" line idea.