New Bowie Track

Neer

Silver Supporting Member
It is an awesome piece of music. Ms. Schneider's arrangement is gorgeous and Bowie sounds fantastic.

Dajbro

Silver Supporting Member
I like it! Of course, I like Bowie and I like Schneider so I was predisposed going into it. I love artists who are willing to put themselves in different situations and not play it safe.

pale fire

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for posting this Chrome.....I really liked the last album (The Next Day)....got better with every listen!

parker

Maria Schneider is a genius... So is Bowie, it's a perfect amalgamation of worlds.. Maria studied with Gil Evans, so you can see the musical "bloodine" so to speak.. Awesome stuff!

skronker

2010/2013/2015 S.C. Champions
Bowie is a touchstone artist, for me.

Almost his whole catalog from old til new sounds as if it could have been recorded today everything he does sounds fresh, new.
He has amazing forward vision.

I got to see him live at the second US festival, the Glass Spiders tour, I think.

Simon

Silver Supporting Member
His music is always somehow quite timeless. True Rock Star!
If you have never seen the live Ziggy Stardust concert from 72 it's really cool, the one where he says to the audience the band is done after this show.

All the little girls in the Audience don't really care if He's Boy or Girl!
And as He says in Rebel Rebel his Mom isn't sure either

Hard to imagine topping bands like that, and it was done so long ago!

Most modern music, and stars of today, are a embarrassing side note in comparison, and probably won't be remembered for a fraction of the nearly 5oyrs Bowie has been a household name.

Mike Thomas

Does anyone know exactly just what's up with Bowie's health? I've heard rumors about stuff which mentions his long absence before his most recent Next day album was really in part because of his health? Then I also heard just before The Next day album came out; Howard Stern while interviewing Courtney Love on his show, got to talking about live rock shows and different artists up there in age still touring like Mccartney. Howard who is a huge Bowie fan just casually mentioned as part of the conversation,something along the lines of,"what about Bowie he hasn't done anything in years,I wonder if he'll tour soon"? (This was of course just prior to The next day album coming out). Courtney Love then answered, "Well he can't tour because of whats going on with....oh ****, never mind I'll tell you off air". I've also heard other rumors alluding to Bowie having health problems which is why the reality tour is rumored to be his last one? I know he had that heart Surgery a few years back,but if I was to guess, I bet Bowie being a life long heavy chain smoker maybe battled some type of Cancer while he took the time in between his 2003 Reality album and 2013 Next Day album? Whatever is going on it seems like he doesn't want it in the press thats obvious.

4inchjones

Does anyone know exactly just what's up with Bowie's health? I've heard rumors about stuff which mentions his long absence before his most recent Next day album was really in part because of his health? Then I also heard just before The Next day album came out; Howard Stern while interviewing Courtney Love on his show, got to talking about live rock shows and different artists up there in age still touring like Mccartney. Howard who is a huge Bowie fan just casually mentioned as part of the conversation,something along the lines of,"what about Bowie he hasn't done anything in years,I wonder if he'll tour soon"? (This was of course just prior to The next day album coming out). Courtney Love then answered, "Well he can't tour because of whats going on with....oh ****, never mind I'll tell you off air". I've also heard other rumors alluding to Bowie having health problems which is why the reality tour is rumored to be his last one? I know he had that heart Surgery a few years back,but if I was to guess, I bet Bowie being a life long heavy chain smoker maybe battled some type of Cancer while he took the time in between his 2003 Reality album and 2013 Next Day album? Whatever is going on it seems like he doesn't want it in the press thats obvious.
He had a heart attack 10 years ago.

The new tune is pretty cool.

Trending Topics