New Bruton in the house tomorrow...

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by countandduke, Jan 30, 2008.

1. countandduke

countandduke Member

New Bruton in the house and I cannot wait!!! Ben has truly been a pleasure to work with. I gave him some artistic liberty so it will be a 3 piece curly maple back and 3 piece curly maple neck with ebony fingerboard bound w/b/w with SS frets. Amber guitar with a final hint of honey in the finish. Suhr SSV pickups. Man, I'm drooling on the keyboard....

It's basically a small body archtop. Ben (the luthier) said it pretty much does everything from jazz, fusion, rock and all points in between.

I'll post pics when I can.

Chris

2. jjhboots

jjhboots Member

Brutons are great.

3. countandduke

countandduke Member

It's Here!!!! It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!It's Here!!!!

I have to wait now for a little bit since it was on a cold truck and I don't want the finish to crack!!!

Chris

4. joemesser

joemesser Member

Chris,

It's been a while, and I'm guessing the guitar has warmed up by now!
    By that I mean, howzit going with that thing? Does it rule? Got any pics?

5. kevin hart

kevin hart Supporting Member

Ben is from my home town and is a really great guy, a talented player and makes wonderful instruments. Enjoy your new git fiddle.

6. countandduke

countandduke Member

I have had a chance to play this guitar and it is indeed a fabulous guitar. Very solid construction and excellent craftmanship. The Suhr SSV pickups sound great and area exactly that, very vintage sounding. Very smooth with nice sounding overdrive but very smooth. Very little difference in the neck and bridge pickups but I like that....

I'll try and post some pictures later...

Chris

7. mbrown3

mbrown3 Member

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics!!!

;)