New Cab Day and Great Story--My GF is Awesome :D

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by ala02c, Feb 18, 2009.

1. ala02c

ala02c Member

My GF got me an Avatar Vintage 412 cab for V day! Probably the most thoughtful gift I've ever gotten from a girlfriend before. :AOK

2 weeks ago I was all set to buy the cab from TheRover, hes an awesome dude and lives real close so I was gonna pick it up! I had saved for awhile to be able to afford it and set a time we were gonna meet up. My girlfriend happened to be in town and overheard our phone conversations.

That same day my car broke down and I had to spend $800 to fix it.:( It was fixed in a few hours and I decided to take my GF out to show her some places in Miami. Got back to the car and someone had smashed my back window and stole my GPS.:worried Insurance wouldn't cover any of it.

Financially devastated, I called Paul and told him I could no longer afford the cab and that I was sorry.:cry:

The week passed and I went up to visit my GF who said she had a gift for me. I followed a bunch of clues around her house which led to the garage (full of furniture b/c her neighbors were moving and had stuff stashed there). I find this giant thing with screws in it and a bow on top! Turned it around and it was the cab!!:)

She had found it on craigslist while she was back home, driven several hours to go get and surprised me.

Seriously great end to what started as a ****** week!

2. hangten

hangten Member

she sounds like a keeper!

3. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Member

That's very cool!!!! :AOK

4. TheRover

TheRover Supporting Member

Yup she hunted me down from the Craigslist Ad. Drove 3 hours to come pick it up. I had it plastic wrapped and ready to go. Put it in the car for her and off she went. Man what a nice gal-lucky you. Enjoy the Cab Bro!!!

5. cisspcism

cisspcism Member

My wife bought me a CAA OD100 SE + for my Birthday :)

6. amp boy

amp boy Member

......she's smart too and kind !!!
    great going for ya man.

7. jb70

jb70 Supporting Member

very cool! does she have a sister? :D