• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

new cab day - marshall 1960ahw

Mr Boggie

love it - just got it delivered. speakers need a bit of a work in but oh my what a noticeable difference than a 2x12 with v30's. That was my original frame of reference. Long live the honeymoon.

indeedido

Silver Supporting Member
I'm going to go from a 2x12 with V30s also to the 1960BHW. What tonal difference did you find from the v30 to the heritage? I like the mid crunch of the v30s, is it still there with the heritage? Do you find more bottom end?

EelEye

Platinum Supporting Member
The G12H30 Heritage's have great bottom end (like thundering bottom end). However, they are "scooped" sounding to my ears with a very strident top end. They aren't very middy at all.

Great speakers in their own right, but IMHO you need a midrange heavy amp to work with them.

indeedido

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks EelEye. I'm running a Marshall YJM100 head which has nice mids to them. I used to run g12t-75s until I found the V30s. I don't want to go back to being that mid scooped. I'm hoping the Heritage's are a good inbetween.

Last edited:

EelEye

Platinum Supporting Member
I'm looking at the 55hz, may be a bit warmer.
I know it may sound backwards, but I believe the 55hz has much more top end than the 75hz cones. The 55hz speaker is pretty scooped, which may be the reason for that.

Trending Topics