New cab: Tone Tubby and Scumback love!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by JackButler, Jan 22, 2008.

1. JackButler

JackButler Supporting Member

So I have really been messign with speaks and such lately. Also ordere dup this blonde and wheat Tone Tubby cab from SVVintageAmps, he has great prices and even better service. What a great guy.

Aslo, good old Jim at Scumback/Southbay was excellent to deal with, as well as being helpful in my 100 ?'s So kudos to both of them for helping me out.

I have not been happy with my TR Emerald the way I prefer to dial in, lots of low, as I would get farting on my closed back cabs, so been wanting to try a TT cab and their speaks, as well as the Scum H65's.

My favorite speaks are regualr old beat Rola 65's

SVVamps does a panel so I can run single pairs or both pairs, nice to hear differences and safer if something would happen live I could run one pair. I wired them in an X pattern, no clue why, I just did.

Got her all wired up and running tonight!

First of all, I do not like the cab with a regualr old MArshall enough said, but I did try each pair in a Marshall 2061x cab before I got this one. They both had good aspects with a MArshall, but the Scums win with a MArshall hands down!

The real test...
    They both sound great with the Two Rock, the Scums sound best with my Soldano (another amp I have been seeking perfection with) though. I cannot wait until all these speaks break in, but they sound darn fine now!

The cab itself does not sag as much as I thought it would with the Soldano, adds that airy quality. But, I think my Soldano will stay with a closed back back, but who knows tonight was my first test, gotta try the band.

The Two Rock, well the cab works great! Not so darn boomy! I really can't say which speaks work best with it, they both have nice attributes. But the cab is where it is at!

TT speaks are nice and I do like them, however any speaker I order from now on will be SCUMBACKS by far! They simply deliver as promised and then some. I cannot say how impressed I am with these speaks! I am seriously thinking of swapping out my old Rolas for some, but we've traveled many years and miles together, but one day they will go:dude

I have about 4 other cabs that need speaks as well, I have lost love for my V30's and greenies only hit me once ina while. I love breakup, but usually play loud enough 65's hit it no prob. I think it is the added lows and heavier cleans I can get with 65's (I also love good old BF heads).

The speakers look so danrn cool, red and blue!

So there ya have it. Thumbs up to the TT cab and HUGE thumbs up to Scumbacks!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JackButler

P.S. I need a Scumback logo Jim!

3. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Very cool! I love those "smaller" 4x12's!

4. JackButler

Not too much smaller, around 26.5" both ways.
    Nice thing, a normal Marshall is just a wee too much for me to manhandle and be comfy with, I can, but always rely on someone to help. Besides, why do we have ex-playboy models for roadies anyways?!

This is just a touch smaller and much easier.

5. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

Well shoot me an email then! Glad to hear you're happy with your speakers.

6. bosstone

bosstone Member

Well, I'm with you on the Rola Celestion G12-65 and Scumback part.

7. JackButler

Ha, will do Jim.

I truly wasn't expecting anything much different from the Scumbacks, but I was truly shocked! I go through so much gear, so when I instantly love and bond with a product it is a nice change. I'll be ordering more Scums in the future. I have another cool MArshall cab coming loaded with greenies that will likely need upgraded in the near future.

8. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

So Jack, which Scumbacks are those? M75-HP with large dust cover?

9. JackButler

10. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

Ah, ok. I have a standard H75-HP and M75-HP. Guess noone has an M75-HP with large dust cover. The H75-LDC isn't the same as a pre-rola G12-65 or Heritage G12-65 that I'm looking to compare. I typically prefer the 35oz magnets.

Anyway...carry on.

11. zoooombiex

zoooombiex Member

I noticed this too. Jim has mentioned an M75-LHDC as comparable to the G12-65, but it's not on his site and I've never seen someone with one. I've compared a H75-LHDC with a G12-65 and it was a bit different. (Not better or worse, just a different flavor).

12. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

My new site is under construction right now, which will have all of my speakers on it, but it's not done yet.

13. zoooombiex

zoooombiex Member

I poked around while you had the link up - it looks great. I'll need to check out some of your newer speakers!