1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

New Carol-Ann OD-2 Clip

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by hardys, May 20, 2011.

1. hardys

hardys Member

This is a song I wrote and recorded in my home studio recently. It was done with a PRS CU22, Carol-Ann OD-2 100 and a Mesa 2x12 slant back cab with 1 EVM speaker. Mic used was a Sennheiser e609. The mic was plugged into a mic pre on a mono channel of a Mackie Onyx mixer and sent via firewire directly into Cubase recording at 32 bits. Track FX used after recording were compression, reverb & delay. No EQ was used on the track.

I'm not totally commited to the mix on this song yet. I'm wondering if the guitar level needs to come up some. Does it, or is it at a good volume level?

As Day Meets Night
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1174837

2. jiml

jiml Supporting Member

Yeah, it's a bit buried in there.

3. MikeVB

MikeVB Supporting Member

I think the entire thing's impressive as hell.

4. Mark Kane

Mark Kane Silver Supporting Member

Really dig the tune, great job!!

5. Structo

Structo Member

Sounds good to me.

Nice song.

6. hardys

hardys Member

Thanks so much all for the positive words. It's extremely rewarding when a jury of your peers likes what you've done! So far we've got 3 that like the guitar level and 1 that thinks it needs to come up a bit. Any other opinions are welcome. Guitar loud enough or does it need to com up in the mix?

7. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I "almost" think its too loud, but only because its right up there in your face, so to speak. I would leave it alone, FWIW. Nice tune and tones on all the instruments. Great job!

8. hardys

hardys Member

Thanks GAT. I've read many of your posts on TGP and have always respected your opinions.

9. Greggy

Greggy Member

The Antipodes To All That is Sacred and Pure
    Very nice. At times I wanted the lead guitar louder in the mix, at other times it was just right. That guitar sounds like my ES-335 when driven hard.

10. guitarman_1

guitarman_1 Silver Supporting Member

Great track! Nice tones and feel. The rhythm track is awesome, and your restraint was perfect, as its would be easy to want to overplay on this style of music. Well done sir.

11. Madison

Madison Supporting Member

Really great, Steve! That is a 'feel good' track, puts a smile on the face. I agree with GAT, maybe bring the solo down just a tiny bit...just a touch. Nice tone and fine playing.

12. Carl_Tone

Carl_Tone Member

Very nice tune and mixed right in the sweet spot for the general audience.

13. hardys

hardys Member

Thanks for all of the positive comments and suggestions on the mix. I love this forum! What a great bunch of people!!!!!

14. franksguitar

franksguitar Member

levels need adjusting, you need to hear more rhythm section to pop hearing the lock with bass & drums, keep the guitar at a reasonable level and boost for solos