New CarolAnn OD2100

rick13

I really like this amp. When Alan built the head, he decided to go with his "hybrid" voicing that works well at lower volumes. This amp will get very loud and dynamic......but it has a loop in the back that allows you to adjust the volume to conversation level if needed. In addition, all of the controls work very well and are laid out with the player in mind. It's obvious that Alan plays the guitar once you play the amp. It's a very smooth yet articulate amp that takes pedals well. I couldn't be happier.
Rick

NFB

Alan's amps are the best on the market, if your looking for that Dumble / Marshall thing.

The amps are smooth and very tubey sounding. (Alan may not agree w/ my English but hey......). Not many other amps will achieve what he has engineered /designed in one package.

I highly recommend before you buy any of the cloners (Bludo's, Glaswerks ect...) to test drive his amps.

His amps are the cream of the crop.:drool

Distortion

Flame Maple Fanatic
Supporting Member
Nice wood working sir!
As Elvis would say.. Thank you, Thank you very much... :)

In case Rick13 is interested, here is a group shot showing a few of the hardwood Carol Ann cabinets..
Only 5 of these cabinets were produced.
They all turned out extremely well..

Carol-AnnAmps

Thank you for all the kind words. I genuinely appreciate it and find it very uplifting.
I truly enjoy what I do and we really do play test every single amp at a gig. It's the only way to really know what they sound like.

I have a feeling you may see more of Larrys work in the future. I have made the wood cabs available as an option to the Dealers for the OD-2 and Tucana heads.

Kind Regards, Alan.

57gold

Silver Supporting Member
My OD2 50 and 1X12 matching cab in spectacular mahogany by Larry Mann:

A treat for the eyes and ears! I love this thing!!!!

With my eyes closed, the amp does great things and takes me to places I have never been.

Best way to explain is that the amp is very colorful, generates a broad range of great, deep tones from clean to clean with an edge and sparkle to sustaining lead without much hair (gain without crunch) to hairy, very musical distorted leads and the MV doesn't kill the tone like about every other MV amp I have tried. In fact, this is the only two channel amp that has a clean and lead tone that are equally awsome.

Larry's cab looks better in person, know that's hard to believe.

NFB

My OD2 50 and 1X12 matching cab in spectacular mahogany by Larry Mann:

A treat for the eyes and ears! I love this thing!!!!

With my eyes closed, the amp does great things and takes me to places I have never been.

Best way to explain is that the amp is very colorful, generates a broad range of great, deep tones from clean to clean with an edge and sparkle to sustaining lead without much hair (gain without crunch) to hairy, very musical distorted leads and the MV doesn't kill the tone like about every other MV amp I have tried. In fact, this is the only two channel amp that has a clean and lead tone that are equally awsome.

Larry's cab looks better in person, know that's hard to believe.
Totally Breathtaking!:drool

Trending Topics