new cell phone plan

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 84superchamp, Apr 14, 2017.

1. AA864

AA864 Supporting Member

Yes, Cricket is now basically the prepay plan for AT&T and uses the same towers. I was with Cricket before that happened. I'm not sure Cricket users still get all the coverage as AT&T. I sometimes get into spots with no coverage. But, they work for me at my home and work, so I can bail on overpriced plans from A & V.

2. Blue Light

Blue Light Member

Surprising to see all these nice comments about T-Mobile. I recall when they didn't have such a hot reputation. But I guess most of the carriers are getting better. Companies like Sprint don't seem to have all the blackout zones they used to have.

Must be apparent that I'm looking for a new plan. (I'm breaking up the Verizon family plan.) I was surprised at the decent deal offered by Verizon for a single line -- $55 a month with 2 gigs.

Anybody have any revised opinions on which cell carrier to use?

3. Dr. Tweedbucket

Dr. Tweedbucket Deluxe model available !!!11

I'm with Net10 and it's like unlimited with a slow down after 2Gig is used but it goes from 4G to 3G speed and it's not that bad. It's only $34 a month total :knitting

tazzboy likes this.
  4. teofilrocks

teofilrocks Member

I switched to T-Mobile a few years ago on a family plan promotion. 5 lines, 4GB LTE per line (4G speeds after that), $110/mo. Can't complain at that price, even if there are a couple dead spots that the others cover.

5. TheLateGreatJC

TheLateGreatJC Member

I just recently switched from a pay as you go phone - one that you buy top up credit for either every 60 days or whenever you run out of minutes or data, to a contract, so my phone bill has gone from a whopping £10.00 a month to an even bigger £7.50 a month.

A serious big spender here.

6. specs

specs Member

I have used T-Mobile for quite a while. I just noticed they have a new offer for people over the age of 55. Two lines off Unlimited everything for $60 a month. The primary user must be over 55. It requires auto-pay, which I do not care for.

Watch the vid in this link for a chuckle. Not safe for work language.
    https://www.t-mobile.com/offers/t-mobile-one-unlimited-55

7. Stu Cats

Stu Cats Member

I pay about $2 a month ( two dollars) for unlimited phone and data. This must be the cheapest on the planet.

8. rickcard71

rickcard71 Member

The new Xfinity plan is good. I will be switching this year. I know someone that has it, $12 a month because he stays under.