New Charvel Pro Mod DK24 2pt guitars coming in Oct

FiestaRed

Supporting Member
Here is the Army Drab Green I just bought . Sweetwater emailed me Pics soon after ordering which I think is cool :cool: I dig it.
Nice

How much did you get it for? I've seen them for as low as $850 to $900 on Reverb for new.

J.T.

Supporting Member
Nice

How much did you get it for? I've seen them for as low as $850 to $900 on Reverb for new.
$999 from sweetwater I’m pretty sure they are all this price Reverb included with the roasted maple necks and they are really just getting out there most on pre-order still .

FiestaRed

Supporting Member
$999 from sweetwater I’m pretty sure they are all this price Reverb included with the roasted maple necks and they are really just getting out there most on pre-order still .
Most are. There are a couple of ads with the 10 percent off sale. Makes me want one even more.

Pink sounds best

J.T.

Supporting Member
Most are. There are a couple of ads with the 10 percent off sale. Makes me want one even more.

Pink sounds best
Still debatable I demoed the pink one and it also is not HSH ;) However I did play the pink one against the Charvel GG and thought it was at least 2/3s as good for a fraction of the cost. These roasted maple necks feel very comfortable .

Coopster

tfunster

Silver Supporting Member
Still debatable I demoed the pink one and it also is not HSH ;) However I did play the pink one against the Charvel GG and thought it was at least 2/3s as good for a fraction of the cost. These roasted maple necks feel very comfortable .
Could you please describe the difference between neck shapes? I'm gassing hard for a GG, but there's none local to try out. I tried one of the DK24 HH HT models today at GC and wasn't in love with the neck profile - it felt a bit wider and flatter than what I like.

J.T.

Supporting Member
Could you please describe the difference between neck shapes? I'm gassing hard for a GG, but there's none local to try out. I tried one of the DK24 HH HT models today at GC and wasn't in love with the neck profile - it felt a bit wider and flatter than what I like.
I’m not good at describing neck shapes .To me they felt similar but they are both roasted maple . I didn’t like the other charvel necks as much and I don’t like a really white looking neck wood . Someone described it as being between an Ibanez and a fender neck and I suppose that’s a fair estimation . The GG is the superior crafted instrument and has some extras the DK doesn’t but 3 times the price .

Tri7/5

If these had the standard Strat body I would be all over them. I guess that puts them too close to a foreign built GG.

monty

I subscribe to Cameron's channel, I dig his general vibe and he's a spanking good player. Obviously loves Charvel style guits. The fact that he shares my nephew's name has nothing to do with it... :D
I'm a fan as well. Short, to the point videos and you can tell he really loves guitar.

And no lefty option. Lame. These look really cool
Some classically trained people and authorities of music teaching think instruments are a method and, as such, one should learn them in a certain traditional way. For guitar, that is fingering with the left hand and plucking with the right hand. Not that it makes a difference, but it is kinda the standard. Thats why left hand players dont flip around the keys on a piano and such instruments.

Having said that: The only real reason one should learn guitar as right-handed, independently of your dominant hand, is that it's cheaper and easier to find right-handed guitars. It sucks, but that's why I make my students learn right-handed when they're kids and still learning. Lets hope they do make a LH version.

Doom Man

Are the frets Nickel or SS?
All USA made EVH guitars, the Charvel Guthrie Govan and the USA Jackson Chris Broderick and Misha Mansoor models have SS frets if we're talking FMIC guitars.
So pretty much we can conclude that SS frets is a high end option. Hopefully it will trickle down to the cheaper lines, but guess we'll have to wait for now.
If you're open to something else that DOES have SS frets and fairly similar in specs and function, Ibanez AZ series is your best bet. I played an Indonesian made Premium model over the weekend and it was a stellar guitar

Some classically trained people and authorities of music teaching think instruments are a method and, as such, one should learn them in a certain traditional way. For guitar, that is fingering with the left hand and plucking with the right hand. Not that it makes a difference, but it is kinda the standard. Thats why left hand players dont flip around the keys on a piano and such instruments.

Having said that: The only real reason one should learn guitar as right-handed, independently of your dominant hand, is that it's cheaper and easier to find right-handed guitars. It sucks, but that's why I make my students learn right-handed when they're kids and still learning. Lets hope they do make a LH version.
I might agree with you on that, but it’s 20 years too late, I’m committed

Porkpie Hat

So are the people that have purchased the new Charvel's happy?

I had to sell my Suhr Classic HSS a while back and am looking to replace it with something affordable.

How did these play out of the box?

I like the OD, but what is with the color choices these days.:( Ibby's are nice looking, but I want alder.:(