• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New Chase Tone Fuzz!!! Fuzz Fella

soma

Been playing it non stop. It's a funny pedal. It just does what it does with very little fuss. Works as a nice overdrive up to some great Eric johnson tones. Fat as anything with a Les Paul but really comes to life with my Strat. In fact Fender should package new guitars with one of these. Such a good combo, running into a Marshall.

Got a 20w Studio Vintage here with an Iron Man 2 Mini attenuator and with the fuzz it is a glorious racket.

soma

Did a quick recording with it. It's a bit bright and brash as it was setup for doing something in a mix as opposed to a unaccompanied demo so that's on me and the amp, not the pedal. Not processed and not thought out at all what I was going to play or anything but just a little overview of its base character. Once I switched the pedal on I didn't touch it so any changes in sound are from adjusting the Strat controls.

Clean(ish) tone from amp followed by Fuzz on

Then playing with guitar volume control going between 10 for dirt and 7 for cleanish.

Then some vibe added. Everything is on the neck pickup except towards the end there is brief demo of it on the bridge pickups before then going back to neck with the tone rolled off for a more 'woman tone' feel before finally going back to no vibe and strat volume 7 for a couple of chords.

Classic Player 60s Strat with Bare Knuckle Mothers Milks

Drybell Vibe Machine 2
Chase Tone Fuzz Fella (not adjusted throughout the demo)
Strymon Volante
Marshall SV20H with 1x12" Greenback cab
Sennheiser E906

Recorded in Cakewalk. No post processing of any kind.

I really like it. Sound fat as hell with a les Paul too.

Last edited:

iam_krash

Silver Supporting Member
Just got my Fuzz Fella a few hours ago.
This thing just KILLS! So many flavors of creamy, fuzzy goodness. It does a fantastic gainy overdrive as well! Adjustments to the mid and feel controls offer a wide range of textures and tones.
EJ? Hendrix? Gilmore? It's all in there and more. Beautiful, glassy cleans when you roll the volume back. As you roll the volume up, it progresses to Beck style overdrive, then finally full up to a creamy, higher gain, fuzzy, liquidy EJ lead tone...
Playing with volume and fuzz levels on the pedal will give you varying degrees of fuzz or overdrive or a combination of both!
Beyond impressed...it's range of tones are incredible and impressive. Sounds a bit like my favorite 70' Fuzz Face(with BC209's) but tighter, punchier, more defined, more gain, better clarity...in short, best FF pedal I've ever owned...

iam_krash

Silver Supporting Member
I wonder how this is different than the 68 red velvet fuzz?
I have a 68' RVF and I LOVE it...
Until the Fuzz Fella showed up.
Best way to describe the differences?
The Fuzz Fella just has MORE! More gain, better cleans(rolling back the volume).
Better range of tone...does fantastic fuzzy overdrive. Fantastic clarity and definition thanks to the revised feel and mid controls.
It just plain "feels" better, even more amp like...
In essence, it's like a souped up 68' Red Velvet fuzz...but better

68dripedge

I have a 68' RVF and I LOVE it...
Until the Fuzz Fella showed up.
Best way to describe the differences?
The Fuzz Fella just has MORE! More gain, better cleans(rolling back the volume).
Better range of tone...does fantastic fuzzy overdrive. Fantastic clarity and definition thanks to the revised feel and mid controls.
It just plain "feels" better, even more amp like...
In essence, it's like a souped up 68' Red Velvet fuzz...but better
My Fuzz Fella will be here tomorrow. You definitely got me excited! So looking forward to jamming this fuzz!

tomasz_el

Silver Supporting Member
Soooo, mine arrived within a week or less (from USA to Poland) and didn’t even stayed at customs (I consider myself extremely lucky) and my first impression is not the best. Will try and test this pedal properly this weekend, but tested it against my RVF and definitely like my RVF more.
We’ll see.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom