New Composite Acoustic Legacy Performer

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by bilbal, Jul 10, 2008.

1. bilbal

bilbal Member

I picked up a new CA Legacy Performer this afternoon. Until about a week ago, I hadn't ever heard of this builder. Alpha Audio Works (Player's Choice) in Mystic, CT had this and I just simply could not pass on it. This is by far the best acoustic guitar I have ever played, much less owned. I got a ridiculously awesome deal on it too. The guys at Alpha Audio (Randy and Andy) are friends of mine and they always hook me up when I'm in there. They're great guys with some killer gear.

This CA not only looks amazing but it sounds spectacular. The guitar is made of a carbon fiber composite material (think Modulus). The sound coming from this guitar is like nothing I have ever heard from other acoustic instruments. It really needs to be seen and played in person to fully appreciate it. The Legacy Performer has a Fishman Prefix Premium Blend system with a mic in the sound-hole and a transducer in the bridge. The two can be blended which is really cool. I have found that the best result so far is to dial in the transducer and slowly creep up the mic to warm the tone up. The electronics are amazing and very versatile with the two sources. The color is called carbon-burst.

Here she is:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Bill

2. devilrob1979

devilrob1979 Member

Nice. I'd love to add a Bluegrass Standard and a GX to my collection. I had the pleasure of playing most of the models. The Cargo guitar's absolutely amazing as well. Just think, it's ALWAYS going to sound like that and no neck resets, setups, anything... ever!

3. 62Tele

62Tele Supporting Member

I share a Bluegrass Standard with my daughters - excellent sounding instrument, worry free and can go to a gig with dad, an eigth grade talent show or on a family vacation. Sounds amazing with a K&K PWM, a Baggs M1 active or both. Money very well spent.

4. bilbal

bilbal Member

Man I just simply love my new CA. I don't normally play acoustic as often as I have been since I received this awesome guitar. I have a hard time putting it down to go to sleep. It's just such a killer piece.

Love it,
    Bill :D

5. jbryant3

jbryant3 Member

The CA's are truly amazing instruments. I bought the electric version Cargo about 1 1/2 months ago and same as you...can't put it down. I thought it was just going to be a gig guitar but it is my main go to instrument now. It will interesting to see what CA comes up with for the future. I think a small side sound port in addition to the offset port would make the sound even more dramatic, especially to the player.

Jim B

6. 62Tele

62Tele Supporting Member

If they came up with a burst slope shoulder I would definitely buy a second one. Oh yeah, and a nice round Gibson neck profile with a long scale too. Just like my CJ :AOK