• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New cover band setlist

Judge Smails

So a friend of mine who is a great singer.Very soulful and she can hit all the notes wants to start a new cover band of danceable stuff with little or no country.Contemporary stuff like Bruno Mars as well as the older 70s and 80s dance songs like Madonna.The classic and modern rock thing has run its course in my town but she does do Journey very well .Im looking for a setlist of material.Anyone here in a band like this? Care to share your setlist? Gracias!

loudboy

Look up Rochester Brass and Electric, Me and The Boyz, Up 2 Something, etc., they all do that stuff.

Don't forget Motown - always goes over well.

Is the modern rock thing dead back there? Last I knew, Springer was about the top act? Junkyard Fieldtrip and Mr. Wonderful are making a lot of noise, too.

2HBStrat

Look up Rochester Brass and Electric, Me and The Boyz, Up 2 Something, etc., they all do that stuff.

Don't forget Motown - always goes over well.

Is the modern rock thing dead back there? Last I knew, Springer was about the top act? Junkyard Fieldtrip and Mr. Wonderful are making a lot of noise, too.
Who???

2HBStrat

He's from Rochester - as I was. These are all local acts, who are doing what he's interested in trying.
People dance to songs they know and like.....If he's interested in being a "successful" cover dance band, he needs to play songs that people have heard, and want to dance to.....imo....

Oh, wait.....were you mentioning those bands as bands who are doing the kind of covers he wants to do, so he should check out their songlist?.....or he should cover THEIR songs?

loudboy

Oh, wait.....were you mentioning those bands as bands who are doing the kind of covers he wants to do, so he should check out their songlist?.....or he should cover THEIR songs?
That was the idea...

It's not rocket science - there's about 20 songs that you have to play, and you rotate in and out another 8-10 that are current and won't have any legs. Then you can add a few in that maybe everyone else isn't doing and play to your particular strengths, so you appear "unique."

Judge Smails

That was the idea...

It's not rocket science - there's about 20 songs that you have to play, and you rotate in and out another 8-10 that are current and won't have any legs. Then you can add a few in that maybe everyone else isn't doing and play to your particular strengths, so you appear "unique."
Good idea , thanks I'll check them out.

That was the idea...

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am the female singer for two cover bands we are currently putting our setlist together. The problem I am having is one of the guitarist wants to play stuff like Robin Trower and Jimmy Hendrix and Im saying girls don't want to hear that ****, no offense but you have to be smart and play to the girls NOT the musicians and guys in the audience.

So, since we are having trouble getting it worked out, I came up with this "dream" setlist. In my opinion they are danceable and if they aren't danceable they are at the very least jammable.

1. Don't bring me down

2. Here comes my girl

3. Get off of my cloud

4. *Stroke

5. Helicopter

6. Steady as she goes

7. *Barracuda

45. *****ing perfect

46. Funhouse

47. Garbage truck

48. Get down tonight

49. Get the party started

50. Good girls don't

51. Good times bad times

52. Goodbye to you

53. Hanging on the telephone

54. Harder to breathe

55. Hash pipe

56. Heart of glass

57. Heartbreaker

58. Helicopter

59. Hella good

60. *Her strut

61. He ya

62. *Hey souls sister

63. Highway to hell

64. Hot legs

65. Hungry like a wolf

66. I love Rick and roll

67. I melt with you

68. I saw her standing there

69. I want candy

70. I want you too

71. I will survive

72. Boogeyman

73. *Immigrant song

74. It's Ling way to the top

75. Jesses girl

76. Juicy

77. *Just a girl

78. *Just what I needed

79. *Just like heaven

80. Keep it coming love

81. *Kids in America

82. Kiss me

83. Knocking at your back door

84. Know your enemy

85. *Kryptonite

86. Let's get it started

87. *Lights

88. Like a prayer

89. Living after midnight

90. Lonely is the night

91. The look of love

92. Lose yourself

93. Love removal machine

94. Love shack

95. Lovin'touchin'sqeezing

96. Magic carpet ride

97. Magic man

98. Magic power

99. Man in a box

100. My Sharona

101. *Never there

102. *No one knows

103. One way or another

104. Open arms

105. Origninal sin

106. *Panama

107. *Personal Jesus

108. Play that funky music

109. Please don't go

110. *Possum kingdom

111. Rainbow in the dark

112. Raise your glass

113. Rapture

114. Ready to go

115. Rock n roll fantasy

116. Rock n roll

117. Roses smell like poopoo

118. Separate ways

119. Shakin

120. *She sells sanctuary

121. *So what

122. Song 2

123. *Spiderwebs

124. Steady as she goes

125. Stone in love

126. Stupid girls

127. Surrender

128. *TNT

129. Take me out

130. *The one I love

131. Try

132. Two tickets to paradise

133. Vertigo

134. *Walk like an Egyptian

135. *Walking in la

136. *War pigs

137. We will rock you

138. What I like about you

139. *What's up

stratotastic

Welcome to the forum.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. I am the female singer for two cover bands we are currently putting our setlist together. The problem I am having is one of the guitarist wants to play stuff like Robin Trower and Jimmy Hendrix and Im saying girls don't want to hear that ****, no offense but you have to be smart and play to the girls NOT the musicians and guys in the audience.
:rotflmao Good luck getting that message across on a board full of guitarists who's idea of "new" is Black Crowes and Pearl Jam.

T Dizz

I used to play in a cover band with Mrs. Dizz and 2 other singers (plus the band) and I tell ya, when she sang any Heart, Joan Jet, Lita Ford, etc, the place went nuts. The girls fill the dance floor, which brings guys out too. We were a classic rock cover band though( for the most part)

Barracuda
Kiss Me Deadly
Since You've Been Gone
Hate myself for Lovin' You
etc.

Judge Smails

I used to play in a cover band with Mrs. Dizz and 2 other singers (plus the band) and I tell ya, when she sang any Heart, Joan Jet, Lita Ford, etc, the place went nuts. The girls fill the dance floor, which brings guys out too. We were a classic rock cover band though( for the most part)

Barracuda
Kiss Me Deadly
Since You've Been Gone
Hate myself for Lovin' You
etc.
The classic rock scene here is DEAD! It seems no one over 40 goes out anymore.Happy hour bands seem to be the new thing,which is ok with my old ass.Country is big but I can't bring my self to do it.I just don't like that stuff.......I can't ......

chrisjw5

happy hour bands? o_O
Yeah. 6-8. 7-9. 7-10. Ending just before the 10pm shift change when those of us who USED to just be leaving for the night at 10:30 now go home so the kids who DO go out and meet at 10:30 can have the place.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom