New Cusack Tremolo

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
Has anyone here tried the new Cusack Tremolo with tap tempo? Any thoughts? There aren't a lot of demo clips available to check it out. Looks kind of neat, but I'm really focused on the sound quality. Currently trying to decide between this and the Fulltone ST Jr. , which seems to have essentially the same capabilities as the Cusack but is marginally less expensive. The Cusack is a smaller enclosure though, which is what's swaying me at the moment.

Cusack-22__64177.1634070440.jpg

Moderato

great pedal, I have the previous version without tap tempo footswitch (but has the RCA for external tap tempo control) and had the fulltone.. they are different, if you are after lush and warm tremolo that can do also chop go Fulltone, while if you need the greatest chop ever as it doesnt sound cheap or only an abrupt cut but can chop in front of fully distorting amp also in sine! (had dozens and could never find one able to do that, the nearest were the flint and the solidgold stutter, 3rd the black cat mini but were all square ones) and still getting great sounds using it in lower mix mode than the Cusack is the best ever (its the one on my pb).
DISCLAIMER 1: I am a Les Paul Custom into Plexi user
DISCLAIMER 2: the only tremolo I still have to use is a Diaz Tremodillo replica, I have it in order but still to get it

...mine:
cusack tremolo 003 trem+rotovibe.jpg

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
great pedal, I have the previous version without tap tempo footswitch (but has the RCA for external tap tempo control) and had the fulltone.. they are different, if you are after lush and warm tremolo that can do also chop go Fulltone, while if you need the greatest chop ever as it doesnt sound cheap or only an abrupt cut but can chop in front of fully distorting amp also in sine! (had dozens and could never find one able to do that, the nearest were the flint and the solidgold stutter, 3rd the black cat mini but were all square ones) and still getting great sounds using it in lower mix mode than the Cusack is the best ever (its the one on my pb).
DISCLAIMER 1: I am a Les Paul Custom into Plexi user
DISCLAIMER 2: the only tremolo I still have to use is a Diaz Tremodillo replica, I have it in order but still to get it

...mine:
View attachment 466000
Cool. Thanks for the input. Glad you're digging the Cusack.

Cragar

Silver Supporting Member
i have had one on my board for about 9 months or so. it is the custom shop version. i had to wait a few months for it since they don't do a run that often. the regular model has different knobs and you have to use an accessory tap footswitch. it is my favorite tremolo pedal. the full size cusack is great too if you have the space.
FUJ0653.jpeg

Ian

How do you guys like the Cusack Tremolo in front of a distorted amp? also, is it fat and warm sounding, of more thin?

Thanks!

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
How do you guys like the Cusack Tremolo in front of a distorted amp? also, is it fat and warm sounding, of more thin?

Thanks!
I wound up getting the new Cusack, and I really like it a lot. Definitely holds its own against the Fulltone, Diamond, and Suhr tremolo pedals. The smallest enclosure of the bunch too.

To answer your specific question though, I only ever use tremolo in the effects loop, never out front. I play with too much gain and distortion, and tremolo never sounds choppy enough unless it's in the loop.

Top Bottom