• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

New David Gilmour: Live at Pompeii

Caribou

Gold Supporting Member
In case you missed it, David Gilmour released a new live album today (9/29) that was recorded at Pompeii. The deluxe version has the concert video, which is fantastic. Seems like a good mix of the new and the old-- I only wish I could've seen it in person. His playing and singing are strong, and the band is great too. Some new faces in the group that I don't know, but solid talent all the way through. Definitely recommend checking it out!

jeffh

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks, I would have missed that, I think I live under a rock. Listening to it now on Apple Music.

Chris Hayden

I saw a few clips of the concert and the Run Like Hell video, does DG play a Tele for the whole show? Interesting if he did.

skillet

He played a tele on the original version of Run Like Hell as I recall, and he did so in concert a lot back in the day (can see it in older videos) -- in fact, I believe it is -that- same Tele, he's managed to hold on to a lot of gear he used in the PF days. He breaks a tele out on a few songs, Astronomy Domine is one for sure.

Here's a link to the Run Like Hell video (these are from his official Youtube channel -- mostly sample clips from the disc, but they did post at least 3 full songs from the blu-ray so far which is really cool):

Here's my favorite version of Astronomy Domine with him rocking the hell out of a tele, from the extras on his Remember That Night blu-ray/dvd:

soulohio

i missed the theatre performance
one day only
i jus happened to be in a theatre
saw the notice

lemonman

Silver Supporting Member
Here's David ripping it up on a tele:

Solo starts at 3:30 if you're impatient...

BadHat

Gold Supporting Member
I would have loved to have been at that concert, the light show and fireworks look spectacular.

fitzo

Greybeard
Gold Supporting Member
@Caribou Thank you for the heads up! Ordered the package but will take a while to arrive from Amazon, apparently.

Trending Topics