New Dean Hardtail... I luv it.

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by johnnybrulez, Feb 17, 2008.

1. johnnybrulez

johnnybrulez Member

This has to be the best purchase price to performance/looks ratio I've ever completed. To say I love this guitar is an understatement! I still think the world of PRS Guitars but getting an axe like this at such a great price is just sick! A comparable PRS would cost a heck of alot more. And I won't be able to get an ebony board as dark as this.

Nice top? Check.
    Cool inlays? Check.
    Tone Pros Bridge? Check.
    Dark Ebony Fretboard? Check.
    Loud Acoustic Resonance? Mega Check. (One of the best I've ever played)
    Pick ups? Seymour Duncan... and the rawk! Check.

Did I mention I love this guitar? :dude All I need is a Dean Girl and I am so content with life. I am now a believer in Dean guitars.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. uberpict

uberpict Member

Sweet guitar! Shouldn't that be czech? :D Or is it Korean? Either way nice guitar but those Czech girls are hawt! My better half is of Czech/Bohemian/Moravian ancestry so I can vouch for that! :D

3. johnnybrulez

johnnybrulez Member

Ee? Hehehe. There are hot czech and Korean dean girls. But the guitar is USA.

4. uberpict

uberpict Member

That's even better! Nice top on that piece, I'm jealous. ;) Rock out!

5. seafoamer

seafoamer Member

Wow, that's a beautiful one!

Got mine last weekend, after looking for a while for a LP type gtr with the strap button near the 12th fret.

[​IMG]

6. johnnybrulez

johnnybrulez Member

Damn that flametop is awesome. Happy for you too sir. You're right about the Les Paulishness of the guitar. Really a monster type of tone once you overdrive the thing. More so than my Paul Reed Smiths when it comes to depth.

Great guitar.

7. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

Those HardTails are sweet. I miss mine.

8. Kalalau Hiker

Kalalau Hiker Supporting Member

The Outskirts of Infinity ...aka Philly burbs.
    The Dean Hardtail is a much under known and under appreciated axe around these parts. For certain uses.. they slay a PRS. I got hooked on the value - especially bought used as they unfortunately do NOT retain their retail value - due to the fact that Dean makes mostly metal guitars - so old school rockers seem to steer away from them.

I have 5 now - and need to sell 2.. One has WCR Darkbusrts in it and sounds SO good it has to be heard.

PIX to come

9. johnnybrulez

johnnybrulez Member

I know. Let's just say that a PRS Custom 22 stoptail and a Dean Hardtail were the same price. (Which they are clearly not...)

I'd actually take the Dean Hardtail in a heart-beat. I've never played and loved any Custom 22 like this. And I am a PRS freak. (Custom 24 w/ trems are different stories... ^_^)

The fact that they're about 1,000 or much more cheaper and they have more costly hardware is just ridiculous. I bought mine 'new' and it costs way less than a used PRS Custom 22. And those guitars usually have non-adjustable wrap-around bridges.

10. Kalalau Hiker

Kalalau Hiker Supporting Member

The Outskirts of Infinity ...aka Philly burbs.
    yup - I think the PRS is it's own animal - and of you switch the pups - you can get it more vintage sounding. I actually like the necks better on MY handpicked PRS's ... but I DON'T like a LOT of PRS necks I've played. To me the Hardtail is closer to an LP sound, especially with the 4 control knobs ... for full on hard rock to blues rock to metal I like the Hardtail better ... for fusiony stuff I like the PRS. The hardtails KILL the PRS in terms of sustain.

here's some shots of my own personal Dean girl with my first Hardtail (well... SHE's obviously my NUMBER ONE :D , but that's my first DEAN hardtail) and my Dean Caddy Select (w Gibby Explorer pups- that's a killer axe too .. paid $375 for it! )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. clmazza

clmazza Supporting Member

Congrats on a fine purchase! Dean USA Hardtails are still major sleepers :dude ..get 'em while you can! I have five myself :)

Bob.... Love the pics my friend!!!

12. johnnybrulez

johnnybrulez Member

Great Caddy! Your hardtail and mine are brothers. Oh and your Dean Girl looks wonderful. :)

What kind of PRS's do ya got?

13. seafoamer

seafoamer Member

Awesome color on that top!!

14. johnnybrulez

johnnybrulez Member

I am actually interested in a Soltero now if I can find one in the right price range.

15. clmazza

ahhh.. now you're talkin'!

I have two of those as well... they are truly magnificent pieces.

16. johnnybrulez

johnnybrulez Member

Hehe. What are the major differences between the Soltero and the Hardtails in terms of tone and playability?

17. clmazza

18. johnnybrulez

johnnybrulez Member

Holy hell on that quilt for your USA Soltero. Mother.. bleep. That's awesome.

19. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Gold Supporting Member

20. THebert

THebert Member

That is very nice. I saw that one on a nice guys website in New York and I remembered it. That is how nice it is! I am curious as to how the neck size compares to a PRS wide fat? Nice score.