1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

new demo format... what do you think?

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by rhmcfarland, Apr 26, 2005.

1. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

hi guys,

I'm trying a new demo format using short excerpts of things I've recorded, that way people don't have to listen too long to get a feel for my style. Check 'em out:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/randymcfarlandmusic.htm

I'll probably make some sort of demo cd sometime soon.

Thanks,
    Randy

2. jzb

jzb Member

Sounds tight!

keep going

-z

3. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

thanks, jzb!

I think producers and a&r people probably listen to just a short bit of the songs they get.... something like the intro, verse and first chorus...... just trying to hear the hook. Short attention span.... so, this way I get my stuff in front of them in just about 3 or 4 minutes. I'll work up a cd, and distribute them pretty soon.

Thanks again!

Randy

4. Greg V.

Greg V. Member

Hi Randy,

Sounds great, cool tones the Soldano slide sounds fat! All the best with the sessions!

5. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

Hey, Greg!

Thanks for the word! I'm still working on the network, and I'm thinking about making an instructional dvd for slide guitar, maybe focusing on behind the slide technique, and some other things like that. Good luck with your new record! Sounds absolutely killer!

Randy