New dented amp day

RussB

low rent hobbyist
I bought me a VHT Special 6 from Musician's Friend. It arrived today in a box in perfect condition, but here's what the amp looks like,

This is a $200 amp, delivered. MF offered to exchange it, or give me $25 in store credit. After they paid to ship this to and from my house, and ship me another, I wonder what the profit margin will be? I will exchange it because I think the dent must have also dented the chassis, but I'm not gonna look!

Ilduce

And now for something completely different!
That bites! Just be happy that it wasn't a one off custom or vintage piece that's irreplaceable!

thosk

Gold Supporting Member
If the factory box was perfect and still sealed it may have been done before the amp was packaged by the manufacturer.

RussB

low rent hobbyist
That's possible. :confused:

RussB, Who was the carrier?

UPS. As I said though, the box didn't have a Mark on it, and still had the original tape.

BTW, I've gotten to know the UPS drivers over the years. This guy is a bass player and we talked for around 20 mins when he dropped the package off. I was playing rather loud when he came by.

that sucks. sounds like it came from the factory that way. MF couldnt have known, they couldve handled it better though. after paying extra shipping and then another shipping expense to what ever they end up doing with it theyd have been better off just giving you a large partial refund.

i imagine many unscrupulous people dent products on purpose, hoping for that outcome. their position is probably one in reaction to dishonest scumbags. ruins it for everyone.

Trending Topics