• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New DGT has neck binding!

JoeB63

Silver Supporting Member
Cool. My DGT is my #1 gigging guitar (has been since 2008 - and has the new (stainless) frets to prove it) -- though I just got a PRS MC-58 (used) that has neck binding, and I do like that look. PRS does a really nice job on the binding. I like the different tones (from the DGT) on the MC-58, but I'm still getting used to the MC-58 neck -- so a DGT that looks like my MC-58 would be an excellent looks/feel compromise.

MattC

Silver Supporting Member
Cool. My DGT is my #1 gigging guitar (has been since 2008 - and has the new (stainless) frets to prove it) -- though I just got a PRS MC-58 (used) that has neck binding, and I do like that look. PRS does a really nice job on the binding. I like the different tones (from the DGT) on the MC-58, but I'm still getting used to the MC-58 neck -- so a DGT that looks like my MC-58 would be an excellent looks/feel compromise.
Not to hijack, but got any pics of your MC-58?

Johnny21

Silver Supporting Member
I don't know if it's just me, but not that big of a difference.

I like it binding-less on the DGT, it looks good on the McCarty but the DGT should do it's own thing with the 3 knobs and no bindings.

Faded

Silver Supporting Member
There isnt much they could do to improve on the DGT and while I wouldnt say this is an improvement it is a welcome shake up. Great addition, I may pick one up next year

Shark Sandwich

Silver Supporting Member
thumbs down

at least you can still get it with the cool moon inlays. I think it's the on PRS model which currently offers the moons. . .

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
I only like binding if it's everywhere; all sides of the fretboard (including the bottom) and the headstock. PRS binding looks half-assed and ridiculous to me, so I'm happy to rock my non-bound DGT :D
-
Austin

Trending Topics

Top Bottom