New Diezel Einstein rig with clip!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by SgtThump, Jun 6, 2006.

1. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

[​IMG]

I recently picked up a Diezel Einstein 100-watt head and two Diezel 2x12" cabs and whoa! Awesome, awesome tones!!! I'm very psyched about this rig. One of the Diezel cabs has Vintage 30's and the other has the Custom Diezel speakers made by Eminence. I think I will replace the Custom Diezel speakers with G12T-75's, as I think they will compliment the amp and the Vintage 30 loaded cab best. Yes, I know people strongly dislike the 75's, but I dig 'em!!!

I did a 5 minute (5MB) clip going through the different modes of the amp. Check it out and let me know what you think! The clip was done with a MIJ LP Custom copy and a Shure SM57 mic on one of the Custom Diezel speakers.

http://www.chrissnider.net/temp/einstein_tour2.mp3

Anyone else digging their Diezel equipment?

[​IMG]

2. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

I should point out that I start out the clip in Channel 1 going through Mode 1, Mode 2, and Mode 3. I end it on Channel 2.

3. fretnot

fretnot Gold Supporting Member

cool! I was looking at the Einstein's recently...still up in the air because of the lack of footswitching between the 3 modes which makes NO sense to me. Sounds great though!

4. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

I'm not gigging on guitar right now (gigging on bass), but when I am, I'm not too worried about switching the modes with my feet for my application. If it's a classic rock song, I can reach back and switch it to Mode 2 for the entire song or Mode 3 for a heavier tune, etc...

But yeah, I know what you're saying. I'm sure you know this, but there's a VERY easy mod floating around the web to make the modes footswitchable. It's basically hooking up a 1/4" jack on the back to the mode switch. Very basic mod.

Also, changing the modes doesn't require any EQ tweaks at all! That's amazing to me, as I've never seen another amp like that.

5. mavrick10_2000

mavrick10_2000 Member

The cleans sounded better than I imagined they would. Of course, I loved the gainy crunch stuff! The bottom end sounded pretty tight as well. Congrats!

6. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Thanks! I'm not much of an expert on clean tones. I really never play clean, but the clean on the Einstein does jump out to me as being nice.

7. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Rest of my rig... I sold the Marshall 4x12" and 2x12" cabs and replaced them with the two Diezel 2x12" cabs.

[​IMG]

I may also end up selling either the Stiletto, DSL50 or 5150 to cover some of the costs of the Diezel stuff. Not sure which, though. I'm leaning towards keeping the Stiletto, but I'm not sure about the DSL50 or 5150.

8. Brain2Me2

Brain2Me2 Member

Its a shame you can't switch the modes of Ch1...

Did you keep the same settings (EQ) for all 3 modes...if so, that further proves my point that the modes should've been switchable, even if we had to buy a "Super Extra Special" footswitch from Peter. All of the modes sound amazing.

9. sosomething

sosomething Member

Sounds great! Does the amp come with EL34s? Tons of gain and grind but a nice tight bottom end an excellent note articulation in chords.

Awesome.

10. BarneyFife

BarneyFife Supporting Member

That is a great sounding rig. I thought channel 1 was superb, had a lot of depth to it. I would probably spend all night on channel two. I would never get to use channel 3, but it was rocking too.

Are you tossing your pedals now?

11. Slaphappy

Slaphappy Member

That does sound good.................congrats!!!

:AOK :AOK :AOK

12. lv

lv Supporting Member

I wonder if Peter intentionally left footswitching between modes off so as to not cannibalize sales from his other models. I recently got an email from Salwender saying there are no planned changes to the Einstein, so it does not look like they are going to put that mod into production. I don;t mind much since most of my playing is jamming with friends. I look forward to trying an Einstein soon.

13. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Yep, same exact EQ settings. That long clip was one long take. I didn't cut and paste takes with different modes or anything. I'm amazed at how you can just change modes and not have to touch the EQ. I've never owned an amp that will do that before...

14. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Thanks!!! Yep, it still has the stock Ruby EL34 tubes in it. They have brown bases, which leads me to believe they're SED. Are they the only power tubes with brown bases? Not sure.

15. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

There are actually only two channels, but Channel 1 has 3 different modes.

Channel 1
    - Mode 1 - Clean!
    - Mode 2 - Classic rock sounding (I think he calls this "texas")
    - Mode 3 - Sweet, chunky, chewy high gain

Channel 2 doesn't have different modes. It's an extension of Channel 1 Mode 3, but has a different voicing. Freaking unbelievable for leads with more distortion and a sweeter tone.

16. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

Could be... On the back, there's a mono footswitch jack to change channels and another stereo footswitch jack for a dual footswitch to engage the second master volume and change channels. So really, you don't need the footswitch jack that's only there to change channels.

People are replacing that "extra" jack with a stereo jack and wiring it to the front panel mode switch. This makes the modes on channel 1 footswitchable. It's a real basic mod and would be easy for someone like me to do (a little knowledge, but not much). However, I don't have plans to do that, as I personally don't have the need.

17. bartmcartman

bartmcartman Supporting Member

Hey Chris, do you know how to do the mod to access the modes? There are some really good tones in mode three of the first channel but I need a true clean channel also.

18. waxnsteel

waxnsteel Member

Sounds great, man.

19. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

I have a hard copy of a drawing at home. I bet you can find it in the HC forums somewhere or possibly even here. I've seen the image online before. It's just wiring that jack on the back to the switch. I think it involves two or three wires. Should be VERY simple.

20. SgtThump

SgtThump Member

THANKS!