• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New Dokken album

freedom's door

Shoot me for saying it, but i think i like what Jon Levin is doing more than what Lynch is doing these days...

:hide

iamdavea

Gold Supporting Member
I agree! The last time I saw Lynch, he was on stage with Richie Kotzen and Paul Gilbert, looking VERY uncomfortable and getting smoked.

Last edited:

GearFlipper

I agree! The last time I saw Lynch, he was on stage with Richie Kotzen and Paul Gilbert, looking VERY uncomfortable and getting smoked.
I saw that show in LA, Paul Gilbert pretty much cleaned everyones clock that night. Kotzen is a fantastic singer and really didn't go for the shred thing so saying he got smoked isn't quite fair, but George, yeah, he looked uncomfortable and was not on his A game

musicman10_1

Silver Supporting Member
That was a pretty nice lead on the Dokken song.

(a weird and obscure observation that I made is that Don looks like Benjy Bronk from the Howard Stern show in that hat and with the eye makeup)

spookyelectric

Silver Supporting Member
I need to pick up that new Lynch Mob. I just got the new Dokken album "Broken Bones" yesterday and it's really good. I agree-- Levin sounds more like Lynch than Lynch does anymore.

I hate that Don can't get up into the high registers anymore, but after throat surgery and years of smoking, it's taken it's toll. Still, he's one of rock's greatest voices and has earned his place among the greats.

I saw Lynch last summer w/ Lynch Mob (sans Oni, because he flaked literally a couple days before and didn't go on tour w/ Lynch--- Boo!) and George was having a rough night. The singer he had didn't know the songs as well as he should have, and they had a drummer that they picked up in Cleveland or Cincy only a couple nights before, and he was still finding his feet. I felt bad because Lynch was ripping through old Dokken tunes and sounded AMAZING-- better than he has in years, but then the singer or drummer would f$%k things up and George would get that look on his face...

Ok, off to get that new Lynch Mob EP!

Hammered

Silver Supporting Member
I need to pick up that new Lynch Mob. I just got the new Dokken album "Broken Bones" yesterday and it's really good. I agree-- Levin sounds more like Lynch than Lynch does anymore.

I hate that Don can't get up into the high registers anymore, but after throat surgery and years of smoking, it's taken it's toll. Still, he's one of rock's greatest voices and has earned his place among the greats.

I saw Lynch last summer w/ Lynch Mob (sans Oni, because he flaked literally a couple days before and didn't go on tour w/ Lynch--- Boo!) and George was having a rough night. The singer he had didn't know the songs as well as he should have, and they had a drummer that they picked up in Cleveland or Cincy only a couple nights before, and he was still finding his feet. I felt bad because Lynch was ripping through old Dokken tunes and sounded AMAZING-- better than he has in years, but then the singer or drummer would f$%k things up and George would get that look on his face...

Ok, off to get that new Lynch Mob EP!
I agree, Don was one of rocks greatest voices but a pretty weak frontman the times I saw him with Dokken ,I think thats one reason why Dokken didn`t really break big. His dance routine at 32 seconds in is pretty painful to watch

GearFlipper

Jon Levin is a monster, he does a great Lynch, but as I've often said, I wonder what his voice on the guitar is apart from a spot on Lynch impersonation.

willyboy

Silver Supporting Member
Here goes, Dokken fans are gonna hate this........Interesting opinions on Don Dokken.... I always thought he was a bit of a lame vocalist and front man - never could stand his cheesy falsetto and he just seemed to try way too hard to be the cool rockstar. Although there were a few decent tunes most of it was pretty painful to sit and listen to just to get to Lynch's guitar playing moments which in many cases barely saved the tunes.....But that's just my opinion.....

Matt L

I think Levin and Lynch are both playing just fine these days.

George didn't get "smoked" in that Gilbert/Kotzen video, either.....he sounded just fine. Neither of those guys have the vibrato or phrasing of George, no matter how flashy they get.

macula56

Just Passin' Thru
Gold Supporting Member
the Dokken clip was cool. Mr. Levin played coolstuff. the Lynch Mob clip was cool too. Mr. Lynch was very restrained and tasteful and i dig the Tele action. i liked both of them.

lespaul6

I think Levin and Lynch are both playing just fine these days.

George didn't get "smoked" in that Gilbert/Kotzen video, either.....he sounded just fine. Neither of those guys have the vibrato or phrasing of George, no matter how flashy they get.

lulz... I saw that gilbert/kotzen thread and chuckled... did the thread get taken down?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom