New effects processor...help me choose?!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by tremonti, Feb 18, 2009.

1. tremonti

tremonti Member

G Major 2 or the G system....I will be using with a Mesa Roadster head....already have midi pedal....but considering selling and having everything on floor(G system) versus having rack(with G Major 2) and head. What are the pluses of G Major 2 vs G System? Is the 4 cable method with G System a bear to work with?

2. gbsmusic

gbsmusic Member

Well its a no brainer if your O.K. with the money difference. I had a G-System I used with my Roaster and it worked great, the manual sucks and the G-System is complex,thats why I ended up getting rid of it. I'm not that good with technology, but the effects are the best of the best!!

3. roomservice

roomservice Member

The GS can be used as both floor and rack mounted versions.

I'd say GS because it offers more flexiblity than the G Major.

4CM seems a doddle to set up nowadays too - I don't use that routing myself but there's a chap called Laird_williams on the TC forum who has written loads of help for you 4CM guys!

Have a wonder over here http://forum.tcelectronic.com/viewforum.php?id=7 and you might get some answers that will help you make a choice.

cheers

rs

4. tremonti

tremonti Member

If I got the G Major 2 and ran in the effects loop of the Roadster...would the compression suck in there versus out front? Really like the ease of the G Major 2....

5. tremonti

tremonti Member