New EHX Triangle Big Muff Reissue

lakersrock

I actually thought that was Pink Floyd for a second when the demo first started. Sounds good, but I don't think it can replace my Green Russian RI
From hearing both on YouTube, the Triangle seems a little more clear with less low end. Would you agree given you’ve actually got one of the two?

Last edited:

Windup 43

Silver Supporting Member
Have been so many stellar Triangle clones on the market for years, EHX is a little late to the party...the BYOC Large Beaver can be had for a similar price used, sounds a lot better (and more versatile with mids options) than the clips of this one...the ones I’ve heard so far, at least. Sorry to be a buzzkill for those who are picking it up, just my two cents.

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah, there are so many amazing Muff clones out there today (e.g., Skreddy, Wren and Cuff, Stomp Under Foot, etc.) that this feels a little anticlimactic.

I guess the upside here is getting a pretty decent fuzz for a hundred bucks.

Old meme. The build quality is fine. They use the same footswitches and knobs as everyone else.

no.
they don't.
also- it's not a meme.

i sent in my Memory Man w/Hazarai to Mammoth electronics to get the faulty footswitch replaced.
they confirmed the same thing.

EHX uses cheap parts.
Their pedals are cool- i have two. But build quality is very mediocre. They're affordable for a reason.

andtrea

Great pedal and great marketing for EHX with these reissues.
But honestly I don't like Bill Ruppert's demos.
Ugly and outdated video editing, the sound is always compressed and digital... ok better stop here :/

No_Stairway

Preordered! I never preorder music gear but sounds amazing and only $99. It will sound great with the strat I plan to get later this year.

So why not keep the original knob layout and knob style? (I realize it's probably a cost-based decision.)

It's a small complaint, I know, but I think it would go a long way toward capturing the full spirit of the original.

triangle-big-muff-pi-glam.jpg
Hahaha... C'mon now. I could make a bunch of crude jokes, and they would be aweful, and because I really like corny jokes, I am being awesome at not doing that. I'm cool. *pat pat*

More seriously, does it matter what the box looks like?

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom