• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New! Empress Effects Compressor

Benjam226

862247e2.jpg

eligit

thanks for the pic!

what's the ratio? 2:1?

so you're going for a mild smoothing effect, eh?

i am curious about using this box for both the mild mastering style smoothing/boost but also the occasional extreme compression as an effect.

Benjam226

thanks for the pic!

what's the ratio? 2:1?

so you're going for a mild smoothing effect, eh?

i am curious about using this box for both the mild mastering style smoothing/boost but also the occasional extreme compression as an effect.

Yes, it's 2:1. I'm using it as an "always on" smoothing. I think it will serve both your purposes very well.

TREV FLINT

I'm loving this pedal! It is such a good pedal enhancer. By that I mean, running the Compressor into any of my drive and even fuzz pedals really sweet'ens them up and adds more gain and sustain. I have been leaving it on all the time but this thing also works really well as a lead boost. This pedal does not feel like a Compressor to me because it is so transparent, however it does have plenty of squash if you dial it in. Very cool pedal, thanks Empress!!

Anthony Gring

Gold Supporting Member
a couple weeks ago after reading DraggAmps assesment of it. I've had the Keely, Tone Press, Mad Professor FGD, Ego. All great but I had a niggle with each, some more than others. The Empress is where my search has ended. The wonderful thing about it is that to my ears, it is really really transparent. It doesn't matter what settings are used, it does not color, add or subtract frequencies. Amazing versatility. Yes, I'm still tweaking it a bit and have only gigged it once, but I'm really thrilled with it. As has been said by numerous posters, it makes your guitar tone better however you have it set. Also, works great with my OD's and delays. Makes me want to just get lost in playing my guitar. And that, is a wonderful thing. YMMV.......

DraggAmps

a couple weeks ago after reading DraggAmps assesment of it. I've had the Keely, Tone Press, Mad Professor FGD, Ego. All great but I had a niggle with each, some more than others. The Empress is where my search has ended. The wonderful thing about it is that to my ears, it is really really transparent. It doesn't matter what settings are used, it does not color, add or subtract frequencies. Amazing versatility. Yes, I'm still tweaking it a bit and have only gigged it once, but I'm really thrilled with it. As has been said by numerous posters, it makes your guitar tone better however you have it set. Also, works great with my OD's and delays. Makes me want to just get lost in playing my guitar. And that, is a wonderful thing. YMMV.......

Really glad you liked it! Mine would be one of the very last pedals I would ever sell. I rarely say that a pedal has cured all gas of other pedals of that type, but this one really has. I no longer care to have even the Effectrode or OKKO comps anymore.

eligit

Heading back to studio in a couple weeks....really should save that compressor money for mixing....must stay strong and resist gas.

Anthony Gring

Gold Supporting Member
It's the transparency coupled with somehow making tone better that sets this comp apart IMHO. YMMV......

rossta1

Okay I'm a total Empress fanboy and have one question before I plunk down:

CAN YOU SEE THE WRITING ON THIS ONE?

I loved their phaser but had to send it back. I couldn't decipher any text w/ that green on black color scheme. Didn't matter what my lighting situation was, I couldn't use it. The other models from Empress are totally fine in this department. So is this one okay?

Flight1311

It is not easy to read the orange writing on the blue pedal but I have found it has pretty simple controls. Just 5 knobs and and the ratio toggle. I kinda set mine and forget it. Gives a nice smooth sustain to my sound. I absolutely love the pedal.

rossta1

I didn't actually consider the complexity of the pedal in question. Where the phaser had SO much going on that I was constantly referencing (or attempting to reference) the writing on it - a compressor is just wayyyy easier to comprehend overall and subsequently adjust to taste. Thanks db!

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Okay I'm a total Empress fanboy and have one question before I plunk down:

CAN YOU SEE THE WRITING ON THIS ONE?

I loved their phaser but had to send it back. I couldn't decipher any text w/ that green on black color scheme. Didn't matter what my lighting situation was, I couldn't use it. The other models from Empress are totally fine in this department. So is this one okay?

It's hard to see I'm afraid....but I don't care because a little gaffer's tape goes a long way on an excellent sounding pedal.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom