• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

new Epiphone 339

mangoman

Gold Supporting Member
Saw one today. Completely forgot they were gonna offer this.

Looked cool. Played two unplugged for a few. Looked nice.

Anyone else check one out a bit longer?

I'd always wanted a semi hollow, but always didnt like the price tag. Might be a good entry level one to see if they are for me.

Anyone?

thrashmetl

Yeah, they are pretty cool and that nano-mag thing the Ultra339's have is amazing. You can blend it with the regular pickups and it adds the perfect amount of clarity to both pickups and adds amazingly perfect bottom end to the bridge pickup, it's seriously the bottom end everyone wishes they had in their bridge pickup.

jamdogg

Just got the 339 Pro. Good guitar. Electronics are the achilles heel with these, as one would expect. Great pickups though. Really dig the neck. Beautifully finished.

Lucky one

Yeah, they are pretty cool and that nano-mag thing the Ultra339's have is amazing. You can blend it with the regular pickups and it adds the perfect amount of clarity to both pickups and adds amazingly perfect bottom end to the bridge pickup, it's seriously the bottom end everyone wishes they had in their bridge pickup.
Recently got a 339 ultra and it's been a while since I've been as excited about a new guitar. Everything about it is great and the nanomag pick up
is superb. The Stock 57 Classic clone are great too !

mangoman

Gold Supporting Member
I am really interested in this due to price and it seems like a good bargain. But, as always, I am hesitant with anything made outside of the us. My only question would be if I should save for a used Gibson 339 which would only cost about 600 more used....,..,,

jamdogg

I am really interested in this due to price and it seems like a good bargain. But, as always, I am hesitant with anything made outside of the us. My only question would be if I should save for a used Gibson 339 which would only cost about 600 more used....,..,,
I got mine new in box for $350 USD shipped. ;)

If i could have acquired the Gibbo used for $950 it would have been a nobrainer IMHO - without the case.

To get even close to the Gibson, this guitar would need a complete electronics overhaul, new nut, fret level/crown. Even then.....:huh

airportbar

I just got a natural one recently. Love, love, love it.

I know no one will believe me, but it's almost as good as the Gibson version. Pretty much the only thing I'd change are the pots.

Brand new with Epi case cost me $390 (after the great zZounds gave me an $80 refund since they dropped the price right after mine shipped)!:omg

jamdogg

I cancelled my case order with zzounds after they sent the wrong case. turns out the Mono M80 case i had fits it PERFECTLY!

I also have the natural finish. I put a fret rocker on it and noted a couple proud frets. Even still, after a fret dress and nut adjustment I'm still waaay ahead of the game for a guitar that plays/sounds this good. I wont call it a Gibson though. Close enough.

mangoman

Gold Supporting Member
how are you guys getting them so low? I saw them just out for $800ish....

Lucky one

My 339 Pelham Blue ultra was on sale for $679 and I used a MF 15% off coupon and got it for $577 shipped.

The regular 339's are not as expensive. They have differt pickups and don't have
the nanomag pickup.

budglo58

Silver Supporting Member
I just got a natural one recently. Love, love, love it.

I know no one will believe me, but it's almost as good as the Gibson version. Pretty much the only thing I'd change are the pots.

Brand new with Epi case cost me $390 (after the great zZounds gave me an $80 refund since they dropped the price right after mine shipped)!:omg
You are right no one will believe its almost as good as a Gibson.At least I wont.

Lucky one

You are right no one will believe its almost as good as a Gibson.At least I wont.
I have at least 8 Gibsons and only this Epiphone. Believe what you want, but
this 339 ultra is the best guitar for the $ that I've ever owned. I love every one of my Gibsons, but since I got this 339 Ultra, I can't put it down. Unbelievable guitar !

airportbar

Well, you know what they say opinions are like...

Not gonna get into a pissing match, but from your other posts its pretty clear you have a definite slant towards all things Gibson. Which is cool. I like Gibson too! Huzzah!

Last edited:

airportbar

how are you guys getting them so low? I saw them just out for $800ish....
Mine is just the ES-339 PRO which is $399-$499 new.

Call zZounds.com and tell them you want to use coupon code UN-EZ20. That should give you 20% off your order.