New ESP Gary Holt!!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by GarMan, Feb 8, 2015.

1. GarMan

GarMan Supporting Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    Beezwx likes this.
  2. jlb32

jlb32 Member

Looks like they are copying more Gibson ideas again with the colored binding matching the guitar color. Gibson started doing that on several Les Paul Custom runs years ago.

3. oppgulp

oppgulp Member

I've had GAS on that guitar as well, but the price is insane.

4. wwit

wwit Member

$5699.00 ???? :huh:dunno

For that Gary better hand deliver it and bring a kick butt pizza too.

Too rich for my blood. For that kind of money, if I was to part with it, I'd much rather have a Gibson Alex Lifeson LP Access. And still have a grand leftover to buy my own pizza.

5. dubdub

dubdub Member

FREE SHIPPING GUYS!!

Seriously though, how much do you think someone can resell this guitar for? This is obviously aimed at collectors. But I dont think of ESP as a collectors guitar. I personally will never buy another guitar over $1000, my $1800 Takamine is only worth about half of its original price if I ever were to sell it, at the very least Gibsons and Fenders will retain their value over the years.

6. HoboMan

HoboMan Silver Supporting Member

Wow!

When you said 6 bills I thought you meant $600 and was considering getting one.

7. Russ73

Russ73 Member

Almost 6 grand! what did Mickey Mantle sign the back??

8. wwit

wwit Member

The other thing is, who the hell is Gary Holt?

I seriously had to look him up to see who he is.

I would say it was a sign of my age, but he's only @ 6month younger than me. But once I saw who he plays for, I still cant understand how some of these companies pick to bless with signature models?

I guess I sort of skipped that metal genre that Slayer falls under. :huh

9. GarMan

GarMan Supporting Member

Sorry! I fixed it! :)

10. milli vanilli

milli vanilli Member

Yeah...he was (and still is) in Exodus. One of the bigger names in the genre. Not surprised he has a signature model in the least. To dig even deeper, I still can't believe there isn't a Criss Oliva signature.... I'll save people the trouble of a google search LOL...was in Savatage before he was killed. Monster player...

11. hendrik7

hendrik7 Member

This guy at the ESP booth at NAMM went on and on about how Gary actually used the LTD version to record an album and tour, so why not just go for that one? Definitely way cheaper.

12. treedroppings

treedroppings Member

I think Thrash metal is a lot more popular in Europe South America and Japan than the states. His group's last album made the top 40 in the Billboard charts

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  13. GarMan

GarMan Supporting Member

Exodus last 4 or 5 albums have buried everything the big 4 have put out for the past 20 years combined. Insane riffage and soloing!

14. treedroppings

treedroppings Member

www.exodusattack.com

Yeah, and then playing and touring with two thrash bands? Insane in a good way.

15. milli vanilli

milli vanilli Member

The finish is awesome given the "bonded by blood" and "reign in blood" from both bands...

16. Custom50

Custom50 Member

Yes, you did. He's known much more for his work with Exodus, who are very influential in the genre. He's a great guitar player. That being said, it's not like they are a household name so I don't think anyone is expecting you be familiar with the Exodus discography.

Either way, that price is bananas for that guitar. I could think of hundreds of ways to enjoy 6 grand before buying that guitar.

17. milli vanilli

milli vanilli Member

ESP has lost their MINDS with their most recent pricing...

18. Green Pro Am

Green Pro Am Member

Agreed. ESP pricing is nuts.

19. wwit

wwit Member

Hehe, I never heard of Exodus either. I never really got into metal or one of the 300 or so sub-genres of such...I keed I keed...theres probably no more than 275-280 metal sub-genres tops :band

Im old enough to remember when many guitar rags of the 70's and 80's used to put bands like AC/DC, Led Zep, VH, or even Ted Nugent under the Metal or Heavy Metal category. I wasn't having any of it. Rock is Rock!! :rockin

20. LPMojoGL

LPMojoGL Music Room Superstar Supporting Member

Bumpin back up.

Was in the GC amp room today, picked up the nearest guitar, which happened to be the white Hetfield Iron Cross LTD. It's on sale for $899, instead of it's normal $1099. I was really impressed, so I looked around for an LTD that had the same vibe, but without the Hetfield makeover.

There was this sinister, black LTD with red pups and binding. Just a wicked guitar. And it had a Floyd, nice.
    So I took it back to the amp room and went back n forth between the two. I think I am even more impressed with the Gary Holt LTD. The neck pup has a coil tap. Just volume knobs, no tone, which I like. Backing off the volume cleans up, but doesn't get dark like on the Hetfield. No gimmicky extra fake toggle switch like on the Hetfield. The pickups are more cutting, not as chunky as the Hetfields. I could use either.
    The Gary Holt is $999, not on sale like the Hetfield. I'm tempted to take my G&L Legacy HB up there and see what kind of trade I can manage. I don't need no single-coil, blues guitar. lol