New Eternity E6 on Sean's site

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by FloridaSam, Feb 27, 2008.

1. FloridaSam

FloridaSam Member

Must control urge, must control urge.....

I've been dying to get a real distortion, not overdrive, pedal for a long time and now this pops up this morning! "The Balls"!!! Low compression, chirp.... all the words I love to hear. If only I'd done my taxes a week earlier I could jump on this one this morning. And the price is right too!

Now the wait begins, I just hope there's one left when I'm ready to pounce.

2. bapa

bapa Member

funny - i was about to mail Sean yesterday asking if i could do me an E6, since i missed when the Anniversery E6 was offered.

I really liked the RH-Eternity but i thought i was to smooth and polite for my setup so hopefully the E6 will be IT.

Looking forward

3. oil

oil Supporting Member

I have succumbed and ordered one. My first lovepedal.

4. Andre357

Andre357 Member

I just ordered one.....

I love my eternity. Every every once in a while I do wish i could get more " juice " out of it without stacking it with something ( typically a cot 50, great pedal as well )

The thought of a silky smooth eternity.....and an open raw sounding one with twice the gain capabilities both on my board has me pretty pumped.

I think the eternities in general are fantastic OD's.

5. bestegw

bestegw Member

Sean posted a comment somewhere that there actually are like eleven different models of the big E and that his design of the pedal evolved over the years. So, any "true" collectors out there that have all of them???

If this is in any way based on the "standard" E, then this is not really a distortion, but more like a really fat tubescreamer. My guess would be asymmetrical clipping combined with a high gain dual opamp.

Ahh well, whatever gets the job done, right???

6. jack_s

jack_s Member

will the E6 cover the the same ground as the standard Eternity and more, or does it start where the standard E leaves off?

7. iggs

iggs Member

... and here I thought my E6 Anniversary was special ...

:(:(:(

Haven't even gotten it yet and already there's a regular model and $20 less.

8. giggedy

giggedy Member

I was about to go check my bank balance, and the first post mentioned taxes. That gave me the will power to not buy, thank you. I still want one though, never had a lovepedal.

9. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

I had an E6 flametop and compared it with a newer burst a while back. Much less compressed,more gain. Sounds more like an angry tube screamer without the mid hump. I eventually sold it because I prefer my HBE power screamer and BJF pedals.

10. SunnyRollins

SunnyRollins Member

I think yours is a handmade/PTP.
    The new one seems to be SMD, so the "anniversary" is still special :AOK

11. gearitis

gearitis Gold Supporting Member

Don't feel too bad. Last year I bought a Purple Plexi and I paid over $100 more than the current Purple Plexi 800 goes for.

12. iggs

iggs Member

Thanks!!! Life has meaning again ... :D

13. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

For you pedal boy,always...

14. -DC/AC-

-DC/AC- Member

I'm a little confused as to how much gain we're talking about here. Is more overdrive-y or distortion-y or a mix of both?

I'm looking for a raw, ballsy, OD pedal and from the desciptions, this could be my beast.

15. SunnyRollins

SunnyRollins Member

look at the promo page (lovepedal), it says: "E6 DISTORTION"

"THE BALLS" !!!!

16. Coconut Cowboy

Coconut Cowboy Member

I have one of the first run E6's, I got it about May last year. It's all black, no led and no 9v tap. With the E6 gain on 10 it has about the same distortion as a SD-9 with the gain just below noon. With the E6 tone control on zero and the SD-9 tone on zero, the Sd-9 is fat and warm. The E6 is brighter with alot less bass. It is a pretty aggressive tone but not harsh or uncontrolable. Chords on the E6 are still reasonably clear at high gain levels with good string definition. The E6 into a timmy for boost with my Fender Vibro-King and Les Paul is thing of beauty for heavy rock stuff!! Jam on!

17. thintele

thintele Member

just ordered one ...this will be my first Lovepedal as well. Hopefully it will live up to the hype. Has anyone have or heard clips?

18. shecfr

shecfr Supporting Member

I just received the E6 Silver Anniv. Pedal today....a GearPage member asked me for a quick review....here it is....I just received today, so I have not tried it on different amps, guitars, etc....here's a quick review I sent to him.

The E6 is a incredible pedal , played for about 20 min. thru a Fender Deluxe Reverb 65 RI with a Strat….dynamics off the chart, excellent note separation.

When you turn the gain down, sounds like a light O-D…crank up the gain and you get balls out distortion….one of the best I have played....I found the pedal
    versatile.

I A/B with a hard wired R-H Eternity….the R-H sounded compressed compared the the E6....what’s really cool about the pedal, you get excellent tone with little or no
    compression.

It’s a distortion pedal at higher gain settings, but you are getting the definition of a great over-drive pedal.

I can see where it could easily replace the standard Eternity....I think the E6 is going to get a lot of attention on TGP...Hope this helps in making a decision to purchase one.

19. SunnyRollins

SunnyRollins Member

20. yugnat

yugnat Member

What is "mid chirp"? Would the E6 have more or less of a mid "hump" compared the the regular Roadhouse E?