NEW: Ethos Power Amp

django49

Got one. Using with an Ethos Overdrive AMP for a stereo amp sans having to tote about a head. I like it!
I will eventually build a mini-board with those two units and a reverb (maybe also delay) pedal. Also building a stereo (small) cab with 2 10" Celestion Golds, splayed outward at 45 degrees. So, carry in a small board, small(ish) cab and a gig bag over the shoulder......STEREO! DONE!

Sirloin

Silver Supporting Member
Looks cool but would be curious to do an A/B comparison with the cheaper and smaller EHX 44 Magnum.

NickAudette

I have one, LOVE it.

Used it with great results with the Ethos Clean as well as other pedals. It is the core of my rig.
That sounds great! I'm very interested in getting the power amp from them. What cab do you run it with? And I guess you just set the volume a lot lower on the Ethos clean when running to the power amp then?

dayn

Silver Supporting Member
I use a small pa cab with a full range speaker. Volume set by your preamp pedal of choice pretty easily.

I've even plugged straight into the power amp and it sounds great - I bet you could record a nice clean tone that way as the volume isn't super high not having the preamp to boost it.

Trending Topics