• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

New Eventide Blackhole Reverb pedal

stark

Silver Supporting Member
The Rose looks hideous and it's surprising to me that it was approved for production like that. With this one, poor design execution. I think Eventide could've done better. That's my opinion. Do you disagree?
I really don’t care if the put Nixon’s face on the pedal, it sounds spectacular. Sold my Lex PCM’s. Does the BHole have analog passthru?

Buck Woodson

Silver Supporting Member
The pedal is very tempting. I almost bought a Space pedal a couple years back just to get the Blackhole algorithm.

But I have to say - I'm always disappointed by pedals with "freeze" function where the only option is to play over the frozen reverb tail with dry signal. I want to be able to play another reverb'd signal over the frozen reverb tail! Am I alone on this?
Evidently the NightSky addresses this.
I really don’t care if the put Nixon’s face on the pedal, it sounds spectacular. Sold my Lex PCM’s. Does the BHole have analog passthru?

C-4

I've tried to look (and hear) past it, but I've come to realize "no analog dry through" really is a big deal. I can hear that Eventide digital conversion of the dry signal in every demo of this pedal. It has this cold, digital sterility to it that I just can't get on with, and which IMO degrades the entire signal in a pedalboard. The effect of the pedal sounds good, but for the price there are much better options out there that do have analog dry through.

Well stated!
That was what I heard as well.
It's a nice pedal, but I found others more to my personal taste.

dirtytony

just spent a couple hours with mine... simply: WOW! this is a fantastic reverb, finally one that you can set it from huge to mild and always sounds great (I use it in front of a crunching Marshall).
One thing Ive always hated with modulated/complex sounding reverb pedals is that I could never get a sound beautifully blended with my original tone, with this one its easy to get it and every setting gets a great and useful tone...
For the first time I could also dial a short one specific for a huge thickening of my sound, as I do with my lexicon rack unit, this is simply the best rack-like reverb pedal I ever had (of course rack is bigger and better), love it!

oxtone

Just used the Blackhole at rehearsal last night (church gig). The other band members really liked the sound of the pedal! It’s perfect for the P & W styles.

nujnujnuj

Can it produce some tank-like verbs? I know it will not drip like old reverb tanks, but can it somehow sound like basic amp reverb?

Trending Topics