New Eventide Blackhole Reverb pedal

4b454e

Gold Supporting Member
Right. That little button on the top-right might activate secondary functions for the knobs.

And the LED's on the left might be 5 preset selector buttons.
I'd like the little button on the top right to be Invert (like on the Rose), and push-knobs for secondary functions (also, like on the Rose)

You know....since we have confirmed it's a Blackhole pedal ;)

apalazzolo

Supporting Member
I'd like the little button on the top right to be Invert (like on the Rose), and push-knobs for secondary functions (also, like on the Rose)

You know....since we have confirmed it's a Blackhole pedal ;)
That makes better sense. Also the Rose has 5 LED's for modulation and that row of LED's on this pedal may function that way too. Seems like a Blackhole pedal needs modulation controls on the front ... somehow. And it looks like there might be "Rose style" wave shapes to the right of the 5 LED's.

mvsr990

Standalone Blackhole makes little sense though, there's already 2 other pedals you can use for it :huh
Love my Space but it's big, has weird power requirements and the knobs are unlabeled. A Blackhole that can play nicely with a basic power supply, take up less room on a board and has all the functions clearly labeled would be popular.

(Not for me, though... I find myself using the non-Blackhole algorithms more these days.)

whoismarykelly

Oh look! This is a thing I can change!
Space and H9 are expensive option-paralysis-inducing pedals. Some people just want the one huge verb and the market has seen a bunch of pedals that just do that big sound lately. Eventide could bring their flagship algorithm out in an affordable single pedal and make a big impact. It'll probably still need a bunch of current but if it turns out to be a $200 or so hardware edition of their most popular Reverb that would be pretty wild.

Hofnarr

They also posted this:
It's definitely space-themed.
Interesting. To me, this looks more like a representation of an eclipse than a blackhole; not that it's all that realistic a representation of an eclipse, either.

Of course, I'm hoping this new release is something more interesting than the blackhole algo in a box, so that could be affecting my judgment.

Trending Topics