New features added to Memory Lane 2!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by justonwo, Apr 3, 2008.

1. justonwo

justonwo Member

I just saw an update on the Diamond site dated 3/31/08. It looks like they added a couple of great features to the Memory Lane 2. I can't wait to get mine!

"New features added to Memory Lane 2- in one of those "what if we did this?" moments, we've added a couple of features to the Memory Lane 2 that really add to the useability. First, we've added a 'slap' mode to Delay 1 (activated via mini toggle) so that at any delay time setting there is a single repeat regardless of the Feedback setting. This allows you to have a single repeat on Delay 1 while having any number of repeats (along with a different delay time) on Delay 2. Very cool!

The other change is to the Feedback circuit itself- the normal mode of the Memory Lane 2 is now a little less sensitive to self oscillation than the original Memory Lane. It will still self oscillate, just not quite as easily. However, we know that some players loved the crazy self oscillation sounds that are available so we've incorporated an internal selector switch that activates "spaceship mode" for all those jet fueled, screaming feedback sounds that analog delay is capable of."

2. TweedBassman

TweedBassman Member

awesome!

the oscillation gets away from you VERY easily on the original. good for them to offer two options.

3. justonwo

justonwo Member

I agree. Only the first half of the pot's travel was usable for me on the original.

4. mesaspeedlab

mesaspeedlab Member

I'm wondering if the feedback circuit mod takes care of the "wood block" repeat tone when the pedal is oscillating. If they fixed that I might have to buy another one :jo

5. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

I miss my ML, and sold it to fund an amp, but I'd like to try this as soon as it comes out. The ML is my favourite analog delay.

6. justonwo

justonwo Member

From what Diamond tells me, it sounds like the new Memory Lane is still 4-6 weeks out.

7. Angle Loss

Angle Loss Supporting Member

I doubt it. That would most likely be due to the filtering on the delays. I thought it was artificial sounding compared to a Deluxe Memory Man. Of course the DMM doesn't have tap tempo though.

8. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

This delay does everything that I could want.

Now I just want to hear one.

9. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

wow ... that single repeat feature is awesome!

and the feedback thing ... i hated that about the original ... so that's great news that they worked on it!

diamond has some of the best customer service i've encountered.

my halo chorus arrives tomorrow.

10. zenfreud

zenfreud Member

The Memory Lane was a very, very cool pedal with a couple of quirks. The upcoming revision sounds like they've taken the criticisms to heart and will have an outstanding product. If money weren't so tight, I'd order one.

11. justonwo

justonwo Member

Just got confirmation that my ML2 has shipped. Can't wait to try it out!

12. frizbplaya

frizbplaya Member

I don't have the problems with self-osillation that ever one else seems to have with the original DML. I can set the feedback to 1 or 2 o'clock and it's just fine. How many repeats are you trying to get out of the thing with out self-oscillation??

13. awallace

awallace Member

Just a quick note to expand on the self-oscillation- it's not only the Feedback setting that determines when/how easily the Memory Lane (1&2) will self oscillate. The delay time and EQ setting also come into play with shorter delay times and/or higher EQ settings making the pedal self-oscillate more easily. With some experimentation it's possible to find a zone where the oscillation becomes 'touch sensitive'- dig in and the pedal will start to self oscillate, pull back on your attack and you can rein it in... very organic and very fun!

Regards,

Aimish Wallace
    Diamond Pedals

14. raginghonkies

raginghonkies Member

Is it a 15VDC ? does it only work with the power supply ?

15. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

I heard there was a mod they could do to lessen the "wood block" sound of the distant repeats. That's the clincher for me - I want the repeats to get less defined like the old DM-2's instead of more defined like the ML.

16. awallace

awallace Member

18-24V DC power only using the included power supply or multipedal supply like the PP2+/Burkey/etc. Special cable to combine 2 outputs and revers polarity is required for most pedal power supplies.

Regards,

Aimish Wallace
    Diamond Pedals

17. raginghonkies

raginghonkies Member

Would it work perfectly with this Power supply , i'm in france ?

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail?name=T383-P5P-ND

18. raginghonkies

raginghonkies Member

Can i plug a Tap tempo Mini switch on the Memory lane 2 ? or is the Feature on option ?

19. awallace

awallace Member

Hi there, the Memory Lane 2 has a built in footswitch for tap tempo- the footswitch on the right is the tap tempo footswitch for DLY2 and modulation on/off footswitch for DLY1. The middle button toggles between the two DLY modes/times.

Regards,

Aimish Wallace
    Diamond Pedals

20. awallace

awallace Member