New Fender American Standards at GC

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by tkozal, Jan 14, 2008.

1. tkozal

tkozal Supporting Member

I was at the GC on 14th st in NYC on Saturday, and they were selling the new 2008 American Standard Strat and Tele. Had 2008 "new" labels on them, the guys said the bridge was the only difference. They sold two Strats that AM, and expected the other one and the Teles to go soon. One guy was buying a beautiful sunburst with maple board Strat when I was there.

I actually more interested in what they may do to the basses, which they did not have yet.

2. stratus

stratus Supporting Member

Did you try them. Opinion?

3. cube

cube Member

Old American Series New American Standard Lite Neck Tint. Richer, deeper neck tint for a more elegant and expensive appearance. Satin Neck Finish All Over. Glossed neck front for improved looks with satin back for smooth playability. Cast American Series Bridge Saddles. Bent steel Fender ® saddles with classic look and great tone. String spacing narrowed for modern playability, saddle height screws re-sized to reduce rough feel, and string slot on saddle elongated to reduce string friction or breakage. Cast Strat ® Bridge Block (powdered steel cast with resin) Copper Infused Cast Strat Bridge Block (steel with copper- 100% metal) for Increased Mass and Improved Tone. Fender Violin Shaped Molded Case. New Rugged, Stackable, TSA Lock-Equipped, Rectangular SKB Fender Case. Standard body undercoat. Thinner undercoat for improved body resonance. Hand rolled fingerboard edges for broken-in feel. Hand rolled fingerboard edges for broken-in feel. AlNiCo V pickups for great Fender tone AlNiCo V pickups for great Fender tone Staggered guitar tuners for increased break angle Staggered guitar tuners for increased break angle Delta-tone TM no-load circuit Delta-tone TM no-load circuit American Series Fender bridge. HMV – “High mass vintage” bridge. More compressed and focused, more mid range punch. Retains the Fender articulation and sparkle, combined with vintage style saddles to maintain the classic vibe. Fender Violin Shaped Molded Case. New Rugged, Stackable, TSA Lock-Equipped, Rectangular SKB ® Fender Case. Standard body undercoat. Thinner undercoat for improved body resonance. Am Std Bass Pickups. Same great pickups, now with flush pole pieces (reduces popping/clicking sounds, easier on the fingers) Fender/Schaller ® Bass tuning keys Fender/Hipshot ® tuning keys (30% lighter)

4. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan Silver Supporting Member

Wildwood has several on their site. I love the candy cola color.

5. ReddRanger

ReddRanger Member

That color is cool indeed. I really like the two tone sunburst.

6. kbphx

kbphx Member

Interesting. I haven't had any problems with pickup roughness on my fingers, on Strats or anything else. Maybe I've been misunderstanding what they mean by "shredding."

7. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Supporting Member

Looks kind of weird seeing the bent saddles on the teles.

A

8. Teleman

Teleman Supporting Member

I agree. Not sure if I'm a fan of that on a tele. I'll have to play one to see how it sounds.