New Fender line: American Professional II

Kentano2000

Gold Supporting Member
I love my current AP Strats, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Neck specs look to be the same. That Miami Blue is killer! Needs a rosewood board. The list price they list is less than the current models?!

fjrabon

The Miami blue looks great, but so would have daphne. Otherwise it seems like they threw a sculpted heel, some pine bodies and weird colors and called it a day. I’m guessing “American professional II” won’t be the name.

what’s weird is they mentioned several unchanged specs (rolled fretboard, deep C neck, rosewood fretboard and 2 point steel trem was on the old ampros) like they’re new “upgrades”. Also they seem to describe the new pickups as “more articulate” versions of the VMods. When people who don’t like the VMods usually complained that they were too bright. Never heard anybody say they lacked articulation. Also wasn’t clear of the satin was just in the neck (like the ampros) or if all the guitars were satin body too.

John C

Gold Supporting Member
I love my current AP Strats, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Neck specs look to be the same. That Miami Blue is killer! Needs a rosewood board. The list price they list is less than the current models?!

The specs are similar - from some other threads the changes are going to be:
  • colors
  • pickups - Fender's calling them V-Mod 2, but no specs yet
  • some marketing-speak about the finish of the neck - it kind of looks like it might be the same satin urethane as the American Ultras - not that much different but from when I demoed the Ultras late last year they were a bit smoother than whats on my American Performer Mustang.
  • contoured neck heel - the style they used to use on American Deluxes, not the more sculpted style from the American Ultra or the American Elite
Price is $50 more than the outgoing American Professional original versions - older version is $1,449, new version is $1,499 for an alder-body Strat or Tele. Add $100 for the pine body version (same price bump that they were using for ash bodies).

Platypus

not in rivers, but in drops
Silver Supporting Member
That tele deluxe looks amazing, it would be an instant buy for me with surf green in place of blue with everything else the same

CowTipton

That dark blue looks nice.

I definitely don't need another Strat but I could go for that dark blue with a roasted maple neck, maple board, locking tuners, HSS config, etc.
Maybe one day I'll re-body one.

fjrabon

That tele deluxe looks amazing, it would be an instant buy for me with surf green in place of blue with everything else the same
Yeah. Will be very interesting to see what pickups it gets. Fenders attempts at WRHBs have ranged from awful (whatever they’re putting in the mexi 72 style deluxes), to standard humbucker fare (last year’s Ampro stuff) to sublime (the reissue cunife they came out with last year)

jerryratpack

Beano can’t cure this sort of GAS
Double Platinum Member
Would like to see H S S .

I like the deluxe for the double Volume double Tone options,

but I would like to see the HSS offering ?

I have a players strat which feels great, but not in love with the pups. I was thinking of dropping in a new set of HSS Pups, but these new guitars show up. But I just see the SSS ?

Mr.db

Meh. Not a fan of 99% of solid color bursts, and that bright blue is too much for me. The natural pine looks nice enough. Every pickup "upgrade" they come up with is hit or miss. Not what I'd call an exciting new lineup.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom