• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

New Fender Tone Master Super Reverb

ChristianDK

Fender-Tone-Master-Super-Reverb@1400x1050.jpg

Fender-Tone-Master-Super-Reverb-Back@1400x1050.jpg

https://guitar.com/news/gear-news/fender-tone-master-super-reverb-guitar-amplifier/
https://www.guitarworld.com/news/fender-tone-master-super-reverb

The Tl;dr version:
  • Four Jensen P10R speakers (thanks @HotBluePlates ).
  • 16 kg, which I believe is around 32 pounds.
  • Attenuator: 45, 22, 12, 5, 1, 0.5.
  • Price: The Guitar World article states that the price will be 1200 USD, but the other article from guitar.com says £1,300/$1,100/€1,500.
  • Available in August!

Last edited:

Teleman

Silver Supporting Member
You have to guess Fender would be putting this out after the success of the tonemaster dr and tr.

ruger9

Silver Supporting Member
Of all the BF Fenders, this is the one I'd want (since they won't be making a PR Tonemaster apparently). Always wanted a Super, but... too big/too heavy. At least the heavy part has been solved.

They should do a TM Vibro-King.

ChristianDK

Cool, but.......I still think Fender is missing a huge opportunity/market by not releasing these (optional) head formats. Extremely lightweight, it would be easy to mix & match with different cabs.
I agree. A Fender Tone Master Showman (with reverb) could be really cool. Or even a digital version of the original Tone Master: The Fender Tone Master Tone Master!

I also think a pedal-sized version could become popular: One amp model with reverb and tremolo and the same knobs as the amps. And the ability to load your own IR's.

truckin

Silver Supporting Member
I am excited for this!! I love my 66 Super, just put 4 original CTS alnicos in there, but this would certainly be tempting for gigs where transportation is a PITA (i.e. lots of stairs). Price doesn't look to bad any only 33lbs, wow.

briwinters

If a TM Super Reverb had been part of the original TM lineup it may be in my house right now. Fender has such a solid idea with the ToneMaster line….cutting the weight of a traditional combo in half, super flexible volume scaling & a GREAT direct out option that makes my sound guy's life very easy. They are great gigging amps.

As much as I love a blackface or silverface Princeton I bet a ToneMaster Princeton isn’t on the near horizon. It would probably sound great and with a direct out with IRs be a cool live option. But seriously, the weight of a Princeton has never really been an issue. And it probably wouldn’t be loud enough for all gigs. Unless they “Boogie” the TM Princeton….a “100 watt” Princeton would be killer! But I bet we'd only see it after many other TMs come out first.

Still surprised Fender hasn't TMed a tweed flavor….Bassman checks all the boxes on the market they’ve been hitting so far. And when are Vox and Marshall jumping into this area? A “ToneMaster“ AC30 or JTM45? Take my money already!

Outo-Tune

Why do I want this amp? I had a TM deluxe reverb and sold it within 6 months. It was a nice amp with nice sound and great features. I just couldn't bond with it. It sounded great but it didn't feel right. Maybe it's all in my head and I've convinced myself the tubes feel different when they don't, but something didn't click for me. I really want to believe this sounds and feels like a super... There is nothing quite like the sound of a good Super reverb.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom