new fingerstyle tune - One More Surrender

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by zenpicker, Feb 17, 2006.

1. zenpicker

zenpicker Member

Just posted at http://www.edwardhamlin.com/eh_music.html. Had a lot of fun with this one - curious what folks think.

This was recorded on my Goodall jumbo sitka/koa using an ADK A51TC and two Oktava MC012 mikes through an ADesigns MP2 pre. I have just put some time into acoustic treatment of my small studio space and am pleased with the sonic improvements, particularly on the clarity of the bass...(not that much) money well spent!

Anyhow, see what y'all think. Comments welcome...enjoy!

2. Sub-D

Sub-D Guest

Man! Zen that is great all around playing and recording, the room treatment must be working cause the whole spectrum was right there.....
    did you x/y with the oktava's? I have heard real good things about those
    adesign mic-pre's...definitly working for you........
    Nice work...composistion was killing too

3. zenpicker

zenpicker Member

Well, thanks! Actually I had the Oktavas in ORTF. I have been having trouble getting XY to work for some reason...probably my ignorance. ORTF worked better overall. My jury's still out on the mikes -- I don't think I'm getting the best sound out of them yet. Most of what you heard in the mix was the ADK large diaphragm condensor, placed about 12" from the 16th fret. I mixed the Oktavas down pretty far. I love the ADK (tube) plus to ADesigns (tube)--sweet combo!

Glad you liked the composition and playing as well. Thanks!