• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

New from North Carolina

SRQGuitar

Gold Supporting Member
Hello gang. I've been lurking around for a few weeks and figured I'd introduce myself. I've heard people mention these boards over at HC and figured that place was crazy enough and I didn't need more of that. What a pleasant suprise to find out that this place is so much more mature and informative. I've really gotten sick of the way people behave over there. This place is much more my style.

I currently live in Asheville NC. I moved here a couple of years ago from Chicago and I'm originally from Brooklyn. I'm Mr. Mom during the day and a full time musician at night. I've been a full time musician for a good portion of my life, playing with a lot of singer/songwriters in the nineties and doing some recording for the Rounder Records label. I'm mostly a roots kind of player. Blues, Folk, Americana and Rock and Roll etc. My main rigs are a Tele and a Les Paul through a Mesa LSS for electric and 1938 Gibson L-00 equipped with a dual source system into a DTAR Solstice for acoustic. I like long walks, sitting by the fire with a good book and cuddling :D

Nice to meet everyone and thanks for the laid back and informative environment you've all created here.

Jon

http://www.bandmix.com/jon-nilsen/

jnug

Hello gang. I've been lurking around for a few weeks and figured I'd introduce myself. I've heard people mention these boards over at HC and figured that place was crazy enough and I didn't need more of that. What a pleasant suprise to find out that this place is so much more mature and informative. I've really gotten sick of the way people behave over there. This place is much more my style.

I currently live in Asheville NC. I moved here a couple of years ago from Chicago and I'm originally from Brooklyn. I'm Mr. Mom during the day and a full time musician at night. I've been a full time musician for a good portion of my life, playing with a lot of singer/songwriters in the nineties and doing some recording for the Rounder Records label. I'm mostly a roots kind of player. Blues, Folk, Americana and Rock and Roll etc. My main rigs are a Tele and a Les Paul through a Mesa LSS for electric and 1938 Gibson L-00 equipped with a dual source system into a DTAR Solstice for acoustic. I like long walks, sitting by the fire with a good book and cuddling :D

Nice to meet everyone and thanks for the laid back and informative environment you've all created here.

Jon

http://www.bandmix.com/jon-nilsen/
hello, i live in asheville nc as well, and i also like the gaelic ale, good beer. welcome to the forum. what is your bands name so i can get out and catch some of your shows.

Stratobuc

You're lucky to live in Asheville. I spent a week in Black Mountain last September, what a beautiful place - with great people. Welcome to the forum.

SRQGuitar

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. jnung- My next gig in Asheville will be opening up for Mac Arnold at the Orange Peel with a songwriter named Riyen Roots. Don't have the exact date on hand but it's the last weekend in April. Then The 1st Annual Asheville Gospel Blues Festival on 05/06 with Riyen Roots and the Family Tree Band. I forgot I'm also playing Thursday March 26th at Tresa's Invitational Blues Jam. Say hi and tell me your from TGP and I'll buy you a beer :)

jnug

You're lucky to live in Asheville. I spent a week in Black Mountain last September, what a beautiful place - with great people. Welcome to the forum.
me and my fiancee' lived in black mountain for a year before we moved on into asheville. loved it out there. great place to live, very peaceful and very beautiful.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. jnung- My next gig in Asheville will be opening up for Mac Arnold at the Orange Peel with a songwriter named Riyen Roots. Don't have the exact date on hand but it's the last weekend in April. Then The 1st Annual Asheville Gospel Blues Festival on 05/06 with Riyen Roots and the Family Tree Band. I forgot I'm also playing Thursday March 26th at Tresa's Invitational Blues Jam. Say hi and tell me your from TGP and I'll buy you a beer :)
yeah i'll have to get out and check you out. the orange peel is a real cool place, have you played there before? if so do you like playing there? the may 06 show is the day after my birthday so i will defiantly try to get out to that show.

scmavl

Enjoyer
Gold Supporting Member
Hello to a fellow Asheville resident. Seems there are a few of us here...

Trending Topics