new from silver city, nm

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by grumol, May 22, 2020.

1. grumol

grumol Member

well, not new, but forgot to introduce myself -- this feels like a 12-step program: "hi, i'm bob, i'm 72 years old, and i can't stop playing power chords -- my age peers all put down their electrics years ago, and now happily play their acoustic folk music -- don't want to play alone, so i tried, lord knows i tried, but just can't do it -- i got hooked at age 6, i think it was little richard, or jerry lee, or was it lonnie mack? -- and i just can't shake it loose -- its not me, its the shecter, its possessed -- i talk to my acoustic buddies about the sweet tone of my c-1, about paul kossof's vibrato, and their eyes start to glass over, like "when is he going to grow up?" -- or i say "hey, listen to this!, its Queens of the Stone Age", and they're running for the exit.

to misquote someone else "my 18 yr old self wants to kill off my skinny old man"

i think this is what happens when you forget to stop taking psychedlics -- oh well, my looper understands me.

2. shredtrash

shredtrash Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Welcome from a fellow New Mexican! Silver City is a great little town. Enjoy!

3. grumol

grumol Member

thanks -- i'm finally home -- love it here

shredtrash likes this.
  4. RR59CMS

RR59CMS Member

Greetings from the Four Corners, Dolores Colorado. Like you I am proud to be lost in the 60's.

5. BadHat

BadHat Supporting Member

I worked in Silver City - copper mine stuff, way back in the late 80's, cool little town. Used to hang out at the Buffalo Bar, which I recently saw, is now closed. :(

6. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Administrator and Co-Founder of TGP Staff Member