New Fromel Seraph Deluxe

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bucksears, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Bucksears

Bucksears Silver Supporting Member

aman74, Holzar88 and Grady like this.
  2. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

Dang. I was hoping it’d be etched like the old one. I’m not a fan of the graphics or font. :/

3. rck

rck Supporting Member

Sounds killer. I wish someone would make a in-depth demo of it, seems to have a few different sounds.

4. MasterEvan07

MasterEvan07 Supporting Member

He coming out with any other new versions or new pedals?

5. jonathanmv2

jonathanmv2 Member

Their Facebook page says they are working on a new dual parametric eq.

Daren Anderson likes this.
  6. jfromel

jfromel Gold Supporting Member

Hi All,

I stopped doing the acid etching because it was a very toxic process and produced chemical waste that was difficult to dispose of. In addition if the enclosure had any remaining acid embedded into the enclosure the finish would fail. Yesterday we recorded a video and the editing will be done in a couple days. I miss the acid etch as well and it was a difficult decision to make the switch. I will be changing up the graphics from time to time on the pedals and I can always make any of my effects in a plain enclosure.

I am really happy with how this pedal turned out. I added a lot of features and kept the enclosure in a 1590BB with all the jacks on one side to make it pedal board friendly. The Seraph Deluxe is true stereo in/out all analog chorus, you can switch from dimensional mode to manual control of the rate/depth and added through zero flange and true pitch vibrato. The switching system uses soft touch stomps that trigger a micro-controller and Precision CMOS switches for the most reliable switching system available.

As far as new products:

The Shape underwent a redesign recently adding soft touch true bypass or buffered switching.

A new dual parametric EQ is in final prototype and will be in a 1590BB with two fully parametric bands (Freq, Q, and Gain), treble boost and over all gain. It will have all the jacks on one side and will include, balanced output and choice between buffered and true bypass.

Just out of prototype and ready for production is a stereo effects loop that will have the option of buffered or true bypass, the loops can run in parallel or series, can run independently or together. it will be in a 125B enclosure with all the jacks on one side.

A 50watt passive attenuator is almost ready for production it will come in a 1590BBT with control over gain and have a treble boost as well. All the jacks will be on one side.

A passive DI with Jensen transformer is also just out of prototype and will feature a variable pad (perfect for digital recording), high cut and all the other features one would expect from a professional passive DI. Pedalboard friendly in a 125B enclosure with all the jacks on one side. This will be the smallest passive DI with a Jensen transformer available.

I have been toying with a few other designs such as a new Fuzz pedal, and an analog delay (because the world needs more fuzz and delay).

Lastly by the middle of 2018 I hope to introduce 500 rack and Eurorack versions of both EQ's, the Seraph Deluxe and a phenomenal Mic Preamp.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  7. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

That all sounds very exciting! I’d be in for a few of those, for sure!

As far as graphics go, what do you (or all of you) think of a decal/silkscreen version of the acid etched look? Would that not translate? I wonder if it would lose something, but it may me cool...

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  8. jfromel

I tried many different variations to try and get the same look as the acid etching but in the end it all looked pretty bad. Aesthetics are important to me and I try and make my products look as good as they sound. I have some other graphics in mind for the Seraph but for now this is the design I am using. I still have some bare enclosures that are silk screened and ready for etching so if you want a plain grey box with the Chinese proverb I can do that.

AceBSpankin and your name here like this.
  9. rck

rck Supporting Member

@jfromel

So does the mode switch cycle thru the 5 different modes?

10. jfromel

The mode foot switch changes the control of the Rate/Depth between the rate and depth knobs and the mode switches labeled I II and III.

ChampReverb likes this.
  11. Holzar88

Holzar88 Silver Supporting Member

@jfromel will there be any more of the NOS version, or are they gone forever?

12. ChampReverb

ChampReverb Silver Supporting Member

Several new amps too.

-bEn r.

13. rck

rck Supporting Member

Yep, I just need to see a more in-depth demo (the current one on fromel's SD product page is pretty damn good) and my be grabbing one of these.

14. PurpleJesus

PurpleJesus Gold Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

Man, that's the ultimate chorus for me. I've always wanted a Dimension chorus with actual control of the sound beyond just 5 presets.

15. donfrantz

donfrantz Yo! You stealin’ all the cool. Supporting Member

Yeah--I've got a Dimension C. Love it but a bit noisy and no controls, but the movement of the sound is great. Ordered this fromel and it's sitting in my post office--can't get it 'til Tuesday!

Bobby D and Flatscan like this.
  16. rck

rck Supporting Member

Please report back!

17. donfrantz

donfrantz Yo! You stealin’ all the cool. Supporting Member

Sure thing!

PurpleJesus and rck like this.
  18. jfromel

they are not gone forever but I have depleted my stock on NOS chips and I am awaiting another shipment. The biggest problem with the NOS chips sold on the net is many of them are fakes, and in a batch of 100 sets of real ones only about 80 meet my specs when tested. The next shipment will be here within 3 weeks.

19. Holzar88

Holzar88 Silver Supporting Member

Thanks so much for the update, John. I'll keep my eyes peeled on your site.

I was in Seattle at the Seattle Guitar Shop earlier this year and got so see some of your handiwork up close and personal. Such a cool store. Glad to see you're ramping up with some new stuff.

Flatscan likes this.
  20. Flatscan

Flatscan Supporting Member

Holzar88 and aman74 like this.