New Fulltone MDV-2

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Jay Douglas, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Jay Douglas

Jay Douglas Member

2. nlopez

nlopez Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

Two cool things about this!
    1. Mike is asking us our opinion abiout the heel vs switch
    2 He refers to the Great Bob Sweet! excellent!

3. 58lespaulman

58lespaulman Member

Great Idea. I think this will be a big hit.

Shane

4. TheGrooveking

TheGrooveking Member

An Alternate Reality in a Parallel Universe...
    I could see me getting one of those.

TheGrooveking

5. traviswalk

traviswalk In the Great State Gold Supporting Member

I like the idea, but I don't see what's wrong with the current MDV set up? I typically use one speed over the effect when I activate mine, if I was to use the pedal I would always need to find roughly the same spot once activated through the head relay or wah switch. Hmm. I suppose I shouldn't complain at all, I absolutely love my MDV and it will always have a place on the board - it's nice to see Mike put some variations on a theme out there!

6. trower

trower Silver Supporting Member

Being an owner of an original Univox, Iv hooked-up the controller and simply chose to set and forget the pedal, with that said, I would like to see him offer both but that would be a production headache I'm sure. If the treadle can be adjusted in such a way that it is very stiff, I would rather the heel relay control. Well..here's another Vibe I gotta buy :mad:

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  7. Jay Douglas

Jay Douglas Member

Wrong, a STOCK original Univibe (all of them, no exceptions) do not function/cannot function without the speed pedal being hooked up.
    Yours has been modified.
    Please post a picture as to how you accopmplished this cool mod.

8. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

+1 I'd like to have that and the SS Echoplex sent the same day..;)

9. trower

NOT MODIFIED, I'll shoot the first person tryin' to gut mine!..Let me clarify, Since the controller is (semi) permanently mounted with the box, I adjusted the rate/speed and never refer to the pedal since I found an ideal rate. I would mention as well, I would use this more if there wasn't such a volume drop..but for now it's just a reference to which all my acquisitions are compared to. Sorry for the confusion.

10. Bonenut

Bonenut Member

Heel switch. I'm stoked about this pedal. I never liked doing the footswitch on the Deja2 being an old Uni-Vibe user...

11. woude

woude Member

great idea, I vote heel relay.

12. Jay Douglas

Jay Douglas Member

I'm dense, bare with me: How do you bypass the Univibe without using the footcontroller? I use the term "bypass" but Univibes only really cancel the bulb inside so are (in essence) always on/not bypassable.

13. Mr. Kite

Mr. Kite Member

I think fulltone vibes are bright sounding. I notice that little blue and white trimmer pot in the gut shot. I hope that will allow you to darken it up ala the mega-vibe. I vote heel relay.

14. txbluzmn

txbluzmn Member

Darn! and I just bought my DV2 last week!! My treadle doesn't seem to work well though. I'm wondering if it's worth having.

15. trower

I have one setting that I love, It's very slow. The pedal is set there and forgotten, not needed, gone, etc..short of turning it off on those rare time's I use it, No need to move it or even look at it. That's why I'm preferring the heel control. Mike makes mention of the switch starting at a fast rate so in my case, It would be very close if not right where I'd like it once ingaged. The problem with control pedals on a vibe, the minute I step on em', IT GOES WAY OUT OF ADJUSTMENT, it's very hard to make suble adjustments...Here it is before I mounted it..These are the Grails and Mike and Bob know Vibe's!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008
  16. Jay Douglas

Jay Douglas Member

nice!