New gear pic - thank you mr. Scumbag

PUMAMAN

Thanks to mr. Scumbag for the great turtorial a while back on refinishing cabinets I was able to do this, and I'm quite pleased with the results.

I was looking to turn my Shiva combo into a head and cabinet so when I was able to score this old Mesa 2-12 cab with the closed bottom/open top for $100 I thought it would be fun to see how I would do at tolex. I had some help from a buddy on building the head cabinet with the fingerjoints. Then had to construct a frame for the grill to replace the horrid metal grill. Add marshall salt n pepper cloth and white piping.

The result: a slightly different "black tie" Shiva.

Kevin

IMG_5028d.JPG

Chiba

Platinum Supporting Member
Very cool! Nice Thorns, too :) Jim's tutorial on grillecloth was invaluable for me - I can't wait to finish up the 2nd half of my project!

--chiba

Scumback Speakers

Originally posted by Red Planet
Ineed to do something to make these two match. Anysuggestions?

MoreGear_0119.jpg
Either recover the head (without plastic corners) to look like the cab and change the logo to "Bogner"...or buy a Bogner head... that's all that comes to mind on that one...

PUMAMAN

You could start with Marshall salt n Pepper grill cloth ( I love that stuff) over the entire Bogner front and possibly on the head as well. That would pull them together pretty easily. Beyond that you are probably into re-tolexing either the head or the cab or both.

Kevin

Red Planet

Could I get my hands on some of that Bogner Grill Cloth?

To me that would be easy to do if I had the stuff.

I get you on the Red that would be cool but maybe a major pain in the butt. :D

It would be cool if I could figure out how to make the Marshall logo look the same color as the Bogner. Antiquing?

big mike

Cathode biased
Yeah, I bet you could age the Marshall Logo in Coffee.

As far as Bogner cloth, I hear they don't give that up.

Red Planet

Coffee would be a good Idea.

As far as the Bogner Cloth I'm sure they arent actually making it. Wonder if anyone knows where it comes from?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom