New Gen Loss MKII from Chase Bliss!! (Preorder for 2nd batch is open)

1655142848140.png

Generation Loss mkII is a 2-in-1 VHS simulator. It includes the classic Generation Loss, as well as an entirely new exploration that dives deep into the mysteries of tape. Crinkles and all. Features include:
- Stereo I/O
- 10+ tape models
- Complex failure control
- Magnetic saturation
- Classic mode

Read more here: https://www.chasebliss.com/gen-loss-mkii

Preorder here: https://www.chasebliss.com/generation-loss-mkii

Conversation of the pedal starts in page 6!

Pre order for 2nd batch is open!!

Last edited:
Is there anything analog about the Gen. Loss? Thinking about stock numbers when they drop and if there's any really limited chips, etc., that would limit the number of the first run.

Is this the first one with no dealer orders since they changed distribution strategies?

Makes sense if it's an Automatone Gen Loss. There have already been a few versions of Gen loss so doing something different would get people pretty excited.

It's a cool idea. I'm not a huge fan of the previous ones, so unless they made substantial changes and not just UI stuff I won't be tempted. But I always look forward to what CB has going on.

maybe i just dont have the vision, but i cant imagine it being in the automatone line, unless its a broader modulation pedal. its too much real estate, and too much cost to sound like youre coming through an AM radio.

but i excitedly and nervously await what's in store for my wallet.
The real estate was my hesitation too. You really gotta be a lo-fi junky and love the sounds you can get out of it to want to devote that kinda space to it. And some people really love Gen Loss and would go crazy for such a pedal. Of course that would also come with a hefty price hike too.

I coughed up the money for the Preamp mk ii and the CXM. And no regrets here on those purchases.

But what price range would people be willing to pay for an Automatone Gen Loss? Guessing more along the lines of Mkii or lower, surely not CXM levels. I think. I guess you can always get someone to pay regardless of cost.

But maybe it's no Automatone. Maybe it's just another size (new) for CB pedals?

The real estate was my hesitation too. You really gotta be a lo-fi junky and love the sounds you can get out of it to want to devote that kinda space to it. And some people really love Gen Loss and would go crazy for such a pedal. Of course that would also come with a hefty price hike too.

I coughed up the money for the Preamp mk ii and the CXM. And no regrets here on those purchases.

But what price range would people be willing to pay for an Automatone Gen Loss? Guessing more along the lines of Mkii or lower, surely not CXM levels. I think. I guess you can always get someone to pay regardless of cost.

But maybe it's no Automatone. Maybe it's just another size (new) for CB pedals?
Judging by how fast Gen Loss pedals have sold out immediately every time in the past, I definitely think an Automatone version would sell FAST, especially if it added in a bunch more stuff. There's so many people out there making lo-fi music now.

Judging by how fast Gen Loss pedals have sold out immediately every time in the past, I definitely think an Automatone version would sell FAST, especially if it added in a bunch more stuff. There's so many people out there making lo-fi music now.
Barber Beat and other post-Vaporwave subgenres are eating those units up and I'm darned glad they are because their music KICKS

Is there anything analog about the Gen. Loss? Thinking about stock numbers when they drop and if there's any really limited chips, etc., that would limit the number of the first run.

Is this the first one with no dealer orders since they changed distribution strategies?
I was under the impression the Gen loss uses not one, but two FV-1 chips. The FV-1 is far from being scarce, but it has been relatively difficult to source large supplies of them over the past two years as the demand has exceeded production rates.
Just within the diy community, getting ahold of just one or two FV-1 chips has been increasingly difficult, with major suppliers only getting at most a few hundred at a time, and then selling out within a day or two— with months between restocks.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom