new Germino Club 40 clips

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Third Stone, May 17, 2005.

1. Third Stone

Third Stone Member

Hey everyone,
    I kept seeing different posts about which amps are pedal friendly. Instead of just posting my 2 cents on the forum, I decided to take another aproach. Since I'm a big fan of pedals AND Germino amps, I did some clips of various pedals through my Germino Club 40 and sent them off to Greg. He liked them and put them on his website. Here's the results....click here Hope you dig 'em!

2. cocheese

cocheese Supporting Member

Nice Emerson! That's what it sounds like! You caught it on tape perfectly. :D

Your pedals sound great too! :D

3. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

Super-cool clips!
    I like them a lot and your playing is great.
    I'm a huge Germino Amps fan. I have a Classic 45 combo and I would really love to buy a Club 40 too one day...
    Have you ever had the chance to compare these two amps?
    Thanks for sharing!

4. GrisGrisFunk

GrisGrisFunk Member

Very cool clips! You gotta love Germino amps, the things just ooze tone. Love it!

Mike (Classic 45 owner)

5. tonemandan

tonemandan Member

Really great clips and playing Emerson. I'd like to know more about that BSIABII pedal. It sounded amazing!

Dan

6. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

Very nice!
    I like that Germanium Fuzz sounds very nice

7. Myron Stratis

Myron Stratis Supporting Member

8. Mondoslug

Mondoslug Member

Like the Strat sounds especially. Great clips & playing. Thanks.
    I want one.

9. Third Stone

Third Stone Member

Thanks a lot! I really love the C40 and yes I'm a bit more of a "strat guy" but tried to give equal time to the Les Paul. It was really fun to do. As far as the BSIAB II goes, you can find the layout on the web at General Guitar Gadjets. Cool site with lots of great builds.

10. Third Stone

Third Stone Member

Hey Rocket...I have compared the Club 40 to the Classic 45 and a Lead 55. All in the same room with the same cab, a germino 2x12. A fellow board member and I did a little Germino amp hang. It's just like Gregs site says...the Club 40 sits right between them in terms of tone and volume. To tell you the truth I wouldn't mind owning one of each! I like the cleaner, smooth tone of the 45 a lot (great for pedals also), but the 55 has a little more aggresive character which is nice too. You really can't go wrong with either. Ahh, to be rich would make life easier!:p

11. The Rocket

The Rocket Member

Thank you for the info. I wish I could do such amp testing here in Italy. You are really lucky, guys. Anyways, I bought the Classic 45 without playing one and now I know that you can't go wrong with a Germino. You are totally right...to be rich would make life easier! :D
    If I will end up buying a Club 40, one day, I guess it will be also your fault!
    I really like your playing Third Stone. Thanks.

12. Blueser

Blueser Member

Nice stuff, but I still love that tribute tune! Just classic tone!!!

13. blueprint

blueprint Member

Great clips, man...:AOK

Especially the "Tribute" one!

14. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

Emerson,

simply brillant. I loved your first two on the Germino site. This batch of clips are just as great. I particularly like your delay and vibe sounds. Will you devulge the settings for these two pedals?

15. Third Stone

Third Stone Member

Sure Bloomfeild, I like the line 6 delay for clean and tripped out stuff as well. For the strat clips I had it set as follows...
    tape echo setting(not TUBE echo, don't like that one as much)
    delay time...near noon
    repeats...about 10 o clock
    tweek and tweaz...I just leave alone(factory setting) on this patch
    mix.....close to 10 o clock
    I think it's actually a good box, but don't seem to like it for distorted solo sounds...my boss DD5 is better for that...

I set the fulltone with the volume and intensity maxed. In modern mode for more highs and the speed is around 2 o clock.

Hope that helps....

16. garyrogue

garyrogue Gold Supporting Member

Wondering on how your plugged into amp, channel/high/low. And approximate settings of controls if you remember.
    Thanks

17. hasserl

hasserl Member

Man, that amp sounds great. As for the pedals, I prefer the Fulltone samples, the LP #4 & #5.

The amps clean tone is just beautiful! How does the overdrive sound when you turn it up? Will it clean up nice by rolling back on the guitar vol?

And last, I love the Tribute clip. That is just beautiful! Thank you for that!

18. Third Stone

Third Stone Member

Gary, the settings changed somewhat from clip to clip. In general I jump the channels with the strat going in the top of input one and then out with the jumper from the bottom of input 1 and into channel 2 top input. Then I mix in a little of that normal channel for extra low end thump. Usually with the LP I just go into input one(high treble.) For both guitars I run most of the controls less than half way up...although I go higher with the mids.

hasserl, Thanks! All the Germino's that I've played go from clean to mean just with the twist of the volume on your guitar once you have the amp set right....I think the Steelbender site has many great examples of this...click here That's why I chose to show what it can do with pedals...

19. nolenuttt

nolenuttt Gold Supporting Member

20. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

Man, I just found your clips on the Germino site and damn - fine stuff. "Tribute" is stellar stuff. Exceptionally impressed!